mp3 player

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Ok, I'm working an a yet-to-be-discussed project for my tank, but I need some DIY help on a part of it.

I'm basically trying to hook up an MP3 player to some speakers, and play music when the speaker's outlet is turned on (it will be turning on through a relay). The issue is, I'm trying to find an MP3 player that's cheap and won't play music on it's own when speakers are connected but powered off. (I've noticed some will just play on their built in speaker)

Any suggestions?

I'm basically trying to hook up an MP3 player to some speakers, and play music when the speaker's outlet is turned on (it will be turning on through a relay). The issue is, I'm trying to find an MP3 player that's cheap and won't play music on it's own when speakers are connected but powered off. (I've noticed some will just play on their built in speaker)

What the...? I don't even... :grumble:

Sorry I have no idea!

I have a Rhapsody player from Best Buy that stops playing as soon as the headphones come unplugged. They don't sell them anymore, but I'm sure you could find one on Ebay for cheap.

Before coverting to an Apple iPhone I owned about a half dozen mp3 players, unfortunately none of the operated that way...

I have to ask, why do you want to play music for your fish?

Ok, I'll spill the beans - I want thunderstorm sounds to play softly when the profilux makes the lights go into thunderstorm mode. Basically, it can turn on an outlet when it is in that mode. I figure I'll just leave an MP3 player on (with no internal speaker) on shuffle with some thunderstorm tracks, and have the speakers controlled by the outlet.

I'll look for a rhapsody!

Ok, I'll spill the beans - I want thunderstorm sounds to play softly when the profilux makes the lights go into thunderstorm mode. Basically, it can turn on an outlet when it is in that mode. I figure I'll just leave an MP3 player on (with no internal speaker) on shuffle with some thunderstorm tracks, and have the speakers controlled by the outlet.

OMG!

nerd-alert.jpg

:lol:

That's going to be so badass! Where did you come up with that idea?!

I've been thinking how awesome it would be if the thunderstorm mode had sound (or even rain) to go with it, then the flashes of light would be a little more fun.

I'm hoping profilux will upgrade their software so that with my GHL vortech controller, I could also use t-storm mode to up the turbulence.

No real purpose, just entertainment value and some extra wow factor for the tank.

You know whats hilarious Parrochute? My brother and I were sitting in front of the tank and a thunderstorm came up - this is what my brother said (who is a computer engineer)

"Man, wouldnt it be awesome if we found a way into the controller to synch the lighting effects to Riders on the Storm?"

Back