Mr Cunningham

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Who is the enigmatic entity that is Ian Cunningham? What makes the Englishman tick?

No really Ian, tell all of little people a little bit about yourself please. We have a big extended family atmosphere here and you are like the great uncle that we rarely hear from. Are you in the hobby? Family? Help us to know the lord of the house a little better please. Thank you!

its like the wizard of oz! I would love to hear a litte about you sir. I picture Ian and I think,

1049504201_resTurkish.JPG

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

Last edited:
Ian if you posted a photo of yourself I wouldn't have to imagine Harry Potter reading it to me anymore. :lol:

I wonder if he has a butler... I wonder if he lives in a manor... I wonder if he likes to eat bubble and squeak... I wonder if he minds the gap when he rides the underground... I wonder so many things about Ian!

I wonder if he has a butler... I wonder if he lives in a manor... I wonder if he likes to eat bubble and squeak... I wonder if he minds the gap when he rides the underground... I wonder so many things about Ian!

Haha, that made me laugh so much :lol: I've only had bubble and squeak a few times, but I don't have a butler or manor (I wish ;)). I do mind the gap when on the underground or trams however!

I live in a place called Manchester in the UK, but I'm from Newcastle and support Newcastle United (just in case any of you know who they are :D). Went to University in Manchester to do a masters degree in Aerospace Engineering, and then started a PhD once that was over (didn't finish it though, as it transpired there were no funds to get a critical part of the project - an updated flight simulator!).

I don't know too much about Reef aquariums, although I've kept plenty of cold water fish over the years. I got interested in aquariums through one of my best mates (he's on here too - mblack), and I've looked after his reef tank for a few weeks and found it really intersting. My g/f is also interested in getting a nano later on in the year, once she knows if/when she has finished with her exams through work.

That's a little more about me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! So now we have to picture some guy wearing a bomber jacket and flight cap and goggles? Or someone with glasses like that avatar fish and a clipboard? :)

But that's interesting that the ownder of the awesomest reef forum on the internet isn't a reef expert. Good thing you have a staf full of experts!

Thanks for gracing us with tidbits!

As Ian says, I've known him for a good while now, not managed to convince him to get a tank yet but I think I'm getting there!

Out of all the guesses as to what he looks like I would say the Harry Potter one is the closest :D Although he did dress up in a bomber jacket and goggles for new year a while back!

Back