Murder!!!

Doc

I don't work for anybody
oooo, did the dramatics catch your eye?

Yes it is true. My tank is telling me it is full. Unless I add an apex predator (like a grouper or lionfish) I get the funny feeling that my tank will not tolerate any newcomers. Case in point. I nestled down (with my Pepsi) to watch my fish eat their fourth meal of the day, when I witnessed a gang-style attack on my coral beauty (puss - couldn't even defend himself). The three large angels just all attacked at the same time. It was awesome to behold - really. the Koran and Emperor each hit from either side and the Blue went for his eyes. It was over in a matter of seconds. I tried to film it, but my wife couldn't find the camera fast enough and he was quickly devoured by the serpent stars. No PPV for this one, sorry folks. Lesson learned: Even if you want another fish in your tank, they might not accept your idea and will meet out their own form of justice. I can live with that. So much for my idea of adding that Atlantic Blue Tang....:grumble:

-Dr Marco :sfish:

sounds like a specticle to see. almost worth your money for the fish haha. the stars really ate the remains fast huh? mine will not come out in the light at all.

You know what they say... That's the cake that you bake when you play with the snake. Oh wait. That's what they said when my ex boyfriend's teenage cousin got impregnated by a Mexican gang member.

Nope. But she did have a second child with him like a year later, but at that point, he ran off to Mexico and nobody ever heard from him again. How sad.

I am not sure if I follow about baking a cake with a snake. I imagine it means something alone the lines of "well dumbass, that is what you get", but I think you said it more eloquently.

As for my serpent stars, they come out each and every time food is introduced into my tank - lights on or not. They are huge. I will have to take a picture of one outside my tank, I play with them from time to time. It is like holding a snake - pretty cool

i was under the impression that serpent stars were not good to introduce into the air due to messing with thier digestive system or someting. could be wrong though, but it sounds like fun

lol..i would pay to see that..can imagine the koran and emperor taking a piece of the poor coral...full strength...way to give them some sport!!..your fish are awsome!! dr marco..i would take that as a sing of good health!!...

my understanding is that star fish are OK to handle as long as you don't turn them upside down - that does introduce air into their bodies that they cannot expell. I have been handling them for about two years and my kids love it. I only do it for about 1 minute at a time and never more than once a week. I figure, what is the point of having a tank if I cannot play with it?

As far as the coral beauty goes, it was kinda fun to watch. at just a measly, $25, I guess it was worth it. I try not to think about how much money I have literally flushed down the toliet.

Biff, let me see...baking references to geing pregnant....snake...hmmm...sounds phallic to me. If I didn't know any better, I would think that you had a perverted mind :mrgreen:. Not to mention doesn't make a bit of sense regarding my fish tank and dead fish. But if that works for you, I encourage you to do it.

Poor coral beauty though. I see the only solution to your dilemma is to get a larger tank, Doc! You could drop a few damsels in there once in a while just for kicks. That way you would not have to waste too much money.

Oh, it made sense to me at the time... But now? Yeah, not so much.

Thats just goes to show that even though we can cage nature,we'll never change it.

Doc,from now on,keep your camera handy please.

I guess my tank is telling me that it has reached it's limit for new fish. Funny you mention a bigger tank Biff. I have my eye on a 210 at my LFS. Twin megaflow, stand, hood, and tank for $1450. Should I do it? If I did, I could be me a french angel and my blue-face, huh? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

The question is, is that a good price? I haven't prices big tanks for so long, I have no idea anymore.

you suck. How did you manage that? by gunpoint? where are the pics of that beast?

hey doc i have a solution so you can still get the ABT, order it online and have it shipped to my address and i will send you my grouper(you will have a choice of which one, black potted or the white spot) LOL

Back