My 150 gallon Cube Reef Aquarium.

B1N4RY

Reefing newb
My order from Hello Lights came in today so I was able to install an addition 150 watt Electronic ARO Ballast with XM 10,000K bulb on my setup. It looks a lot better in my opinion. an additional 450 watts of lighting on top of this 450 watts.

Aquarium-10-2_zpsa87e9e3c.jpg

Aquarium-9-2_zpse0630bae.jpg

Reply to Chichimom79.

Nice tank! I fear those tangs may need more swimming room than a cube can provide. They are certainly gorgeous!

Thank you! No need to fear for the Tangs. The photographs don't show it too much but their definitely are numerous caves and pathways behind the rock work. Once they get bigger and we move into a new home I can start my 1,000 gallon build.

Its not a matter of holes or caves; tangs need a lot of horizontal room to swim, not vertical. The bigger the fish gets, the harder it is for it to maneuver. You have plenty of water volume, but like chichimom said; that cube isn't suitable for those tangs. If you must have tangs; I would replace them with a smaller sort, like a yellow tang or 2.

Reply to buddy08.

Its not a matter of holes or caves; tangs need a lot of horizontal room to swim, not vertical. The bigger the fish gets, the harder it is for it to maneuver. You have plenty of water volume, but like chichimom said; that cube isn't suitable for those tangs. If you must have tangs; I would replace them with a smaller sort, like a yellow tang or 2.

Thanks for the information. If they show signs of stress when they become larger I will either upgrade the aquarium to a larger cube or provide them with another home. But for now their doing just fine and eating like pigs.

That's a ton of rocks. Looks good. Do you have any FTS or a shot of the whole set up. I'm about to be buying a 150g cube here once my 90g sells

Reply to lilmatty5dimes.

That's a ton of rocks. Looks good. Do you have any FTS or a shot of the whole set up. I'm about to be buying a 150g cube here once my 90g sells

Please excuse the bareness of the canopy. I have to stain it in a few days. Also it is very large intentionally since I have a few other ideas about what I want to store in it since I'm limited on space.

Aquarium-14.jpg

Aquarium-16.jpg

Aquarium-15.jpg

Here are some photographs of the life support system.

Fishy-7.jpg

2012-11-14130359.jpg

Last edited:
Hot damn, that's a sexy set up. And once again, Hot DAMN. 1,000 Gallon build? Now, THAT, is a friggen tank lol. When you set that tank up, make sure you UPS the 150g cube to me (I'll cover the shipping) :mrgreen::Cheers:

Back