My 29

Joeysmissy

Reefing newb
Well I finally got my order of dry rocks from tbs and I think I can post some pics of my tank now. All I have are 34 lbs of live and dry rock mixed, one clown, one chromis and 4 corals. I still only have 3 astrea snails and two scarlet hermies as a cuc. Any recommendations on what to get next? I have t5 lighting powerglo and actinic, koralia 1 and 2 powerheads.

ea1f41dd.jpg

14cb42b6.jpg

c01c9c84.jpg

I planned on placing the dry rocks in like this but when I did I realized my tank was kinda small and it wouldn't fit to well.

39f5ed4f.jpg

this is what i ended up doing. I had to incorporate my live rock with it, which I forgot about anyway

14b8d231.jpg

3ffab669.jpg

df0ebe4e.jpg

Last edited:
Great pieces of rock.

I always have trouble with pink zoas, hopefully you'll have better luck than I. Good to see another 29'er out there.

Nice holey rocks,congrats.

I see diatoms so you could add more grazers.Trochus,cerith snails for the diatoms or more astreas.some nassarius for the sandbed.

Well I did some remodeling. Sadly both of my fish died (clown and chormy) because my heater stopped working :frustrat:...It got very cold in the tank (55 degrees)..I did not notice the temp drop until they stopped eating and looked stressed..all that survived were my 4 corals and my cuc( cleaner shrimp, asteas, and hermies). That day I went out and purchased a better heater, the marineland stealth 200. Anyone know if this is a good heater?

c48daf6a.jpg

e0a83112.jpg

As far as diatoms goes,it's different in every system.Good chance you will see green next.

It would of been better to have two small heaters instead of one bigger heater.So if one fails the other can help just like what happened to you earlier.sorry for the lost,good luck.

Sometime diatoms can last for weeks or months, and often they clear up as fast as they appeared. Keep up on the water changes. +1 on the heater issue. Sorry about the fishes end. :(

I also got some new fish..2 pj cardinals and a scooter blenny..well scooter isn't new I had him for one month now but I haven't posted pics of him..so I'll post it now..funny thing about scooter is that i totally forgot about him when my fish died a couple weeks ago

e85d7d0f.jpg

295290f5.jpg

Last edited:
Back