My 29

Got moonlight so I figured I would take pics

1f8380e1.jpg

40de142d.jpg

really? i didn't know that..thanks..they seem to be doing good right now but the Kenya coral hasn't opened in 2 days

That might not be such a bad thing with Kenya weed,,I mean tree.:mrgreen:
Kenya's can and will take over the tank,and once they get established,they are dang near impossible to get rid of.

Personally,I wouldnt worry unless the Kenya opened up.:D

But no,I dont think there is any reason to worry.Kenya will close up like that at times.When I had em,mine would close up for a couple of weeks at a time.Then when they opened back up,I'd end up with 10 or 15 more Kenyas in other parts of the tank.

Thanks..it opened up again..I guess because of the temperature..i turned off the heater because it started to get hot and the temp in there was 83

it seems like there is bubble algae starting in my tank. I can not take a pic because they are small but there are three circular bubbles on one rock. Ive been reading about emerald crabs eating bubble algae. will those little guys eat any of my fish, inverts, or coral? Im kind of scared more for my scooter blenny. Will they be ok together?

You should not have to turn off the heater when its hot. The thermostat should stop the heat automatically. 83F is too hot! Try getting a fan to blow water across the water.

well i put it on 80 but the weather got hot and the heater turned off automatically..but the weather still made it hot..so i just reset the thermo to 75

I would get a fan, you want to make sure that the temperateure stays stable, you don't want to have big swings in the temperature. If you keep the fan going it will hopefully keep the tank temp stable.

got a new rock with corals. this rock has more than one coral on it. it looks like 4 mushrooms. orange yellow zoas, and i think what might be a spunge (getting id on it)

d7803217.jpg

0d192025.jpg

e1e9f89f.jpg

Last edited:
If your temp swings from 75F up to over 80F your tank could be seriously hurt. The temp swings are much worse than temps that are just too high or too low.

Back