my 30gal tank progress

You are going to want to get rid of those fish. Damsels are the meanest fish you can get in the hobby, and they will more than likely kill anything else you add to the tank and you are probably going to end up with one. Plus you are limited to one fish per 10 gallons and you now have two of your 3 fish.

Also, you should only add one fish at a time, with at least 3 weeks between additions. This is especially important with newer tanks.

nope! go invert crazy if you wish!

Although, some inverts are better choices than other. Like horse crabs have NO business being in anyone tank, but cleaner shrimp are a great choice!

Research every animal before you buy!

ya i just wanted to get a whole bunch of cleaners. what happens if they get rid of all the stuff they normally eat, like the algea. do they also eat fish food or do i have to get something special?

no, you can put some dried seaweed in there for them. They sell it in fish stores because algae eaters (tangs, some blennies etc) need algae in their diets.

my fish are only swiming on one side of the tank. both of them. could it be that my hangon filter is too strong and is scaring them away?

Dont worry, they will be fine. These guys are used to living in the big, wild ocean. They have been transported how many hundreds of miles, with how many change in tanks and surroundings? Just give them some time to settle in.

Back