my 30gal tank progress

thanks...
i dont know much about lighting .. but i was looking around for something at a good price and saw this ... any good???
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Aqualight-Dual-Lamp-Light-Fixture/dp/B002P9XBG4/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1311046404&sr=1-4]Amazon.com: 36 in. Aqualight T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixture - 2 x 39W: Home & Garden[/ame]

Bought a camel shrimp today thinking it was a peppermint -.- . They dont eat Aiptasia right? I also ordered my cuc should b here soon

I don't think he has a sump, I think he has a hang on the back filter.

If space and money permits I would definately invest in a sump system, it is a lot better for saltwater systems and it will save you a lot of time for cleaning.

In that case, I think the bubbles on top may be protein buildup. I used to get it before I added a sump on my 75. You can soak them up by placing a paper towel on the surface of your water to remove them.

trying to return the camel shrimp, but i cant find him >:-0. i'm about to change the rock layout i can never see the where they are hiding out

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

i been looking for a new set of lights and i dont really know how much watts, or what kind of lights i actually need for my tank :-/

Peppermint shrimp got rid of all my aiptasia in about a week ;).
Just got a skimmer and refug too.
Next thing Im planin on gettn a reef light .. Low on cash though :/

Tank looks good so far. The reef ready light I got ended uo being 251 that's shipping included. My corals seem to be thriving with it. I don't have any corals that are too light demanding though...I will be trying out some sps within the next couple months when I get some more cash. We will see if they do good with the lights.

Back