My 46g Bow Front Tank by Sakura2282

That sucks. I did the same thing a while back but I had to get a new light.
They are still working and I'm hoping they will continue like that. The part that got wet was the timer only because of my silly mistake. I hope a new one will make my lighting system works again. :)

I believe they love the massage they get from the polyps lol.
did you get your new timer for your light?

No, my brother bought the lights again. He told me that we couldn't take the risk the timer didn't solve the problem. I still think the timer is the problem, so I'm gonna try to get it.

Hey how's the tank doing?
It's doing good, the corals are happy, but it's in need of a water change. I'm still dealing with nitrates and some algae blooms, but the emerald crab is helping a lot and also my snails. After the water change I will post some pictures. I don't have new additions to show, at least not until I can control my nitrates again.

Thanks for asking! ;)

My emerald crab had molted twice dince I got him. Now he's super big I never imagine he'll grow that fast. I will post some pictures as doon as I can. I thought he was a monster lol.

I posted some pictures of my tank, my corals are growing nicely, but I'm still dealing with the hair algae and my nitrates.

My Emerald Crab.

Now he has big claws.

2013-12-25 18.12.12.jpg

Hair algae is something pretty much every tank goes through at some point. If you can, bump your Magnesium levels up to about 1800-2000. Do it slowly each day till you achieve the levels I just said and the hair algae should bleach away and die very quickly. Then you can stop dosing Mag and your problem should be solved. Glad to hear everything else is going well, keep up the good work :)

Hair algae is something pretty much every tank goes through at some point. If you can, bump your Magnesium levels up to about 1800-2000. Do it slowly each day till you achieve the levels I just said and the hair algae should bleach away and die very quickly. Then you can stop dosing Mag and your problem should be solved. Glad to hear everything else is going well, keep up the good work :)
Thanks for the advice @AnthonyTheNewbie. I will keep it in mind. ;)

No problem, just remember to get a Mag testing kit, and follow the directions. Small dosing won't hurt it much, but if you raise it too much it can have some adverse effects :p

Back