My 46g bowfront

Well its been a month so i suppose since i have the day off ill update throughout the day. Snapped a few pix here and there of a few of my zoa's, I did get a new rock from a friend along with a few pieces he had laying in his substrate....Enjoy.

This is when i first bought the frag when i first started reefing

firstdayunidentified.jpg

This is them today.....the that above frag is now in the mantis tank...

unidentified.jpg

Fruit loops

Fruitloops-1.jpg

Here ya go WADE. Tangellos in two diff locations.

tangellos2.jpg

tangellos.jpg

Now the new stuff.

zoa3-1.jpg

zoa2-1.jpg

ppe.jpg

zoa1-1.jpg

zoasideshot.jpg

Great colors! So fun seeing how one little ol' frag can turn into a beautiful carpet. I love that grumpy gus goby pic, he is cute....

Thanks! He's been being a turd nugget latelty.....he sits on the ric's, then when he sees a pod he grabs a mouth full of the substrate and it passes through his gills onto the ric's covering them up.:frustrat: But he's funny. He watches me just as i watch him, its like a staring competition when i look at the tank. :mrgreen:

Only fish I've truly lost was the leapord wrass. Still have the watchman, MD, tailspot, and assessor....well I lost the sixline in the mantis tank but that don't count. Rock slide got him.

Actually i guess..i did lose the yellow tail because he killed my two mated pair of black clowns.......forgot about that...ive never lost anything to bad water quality....i think leapord wrasse's are hit or miss almost....kinda like some corals...

Pretty sure i just killed my clam. I was rescaping the right hand side of my tank because of some flow issues and even now imdebating on adding another nano hydor powerhead. Anywho, My birdsnestcame off the LR and literally landed perfectly in the clams mouth. I freaked out and grabbed the BN but the clam chomped down on it. Im not sure if the clam was attached to anything as it was in the substrate but at any rate i was freaking out so i snapped the BN and left a lil piece of it in the clam. About 5 min passed and it released the stub but now im scared that if i did hurt it to the point of death that i wont be around and it will jack my params up. Is there anyway to tell if its dieing? What should i look for? Thanks for any help. FML

Ohhhhh geez, I would have liked to see all of that on video, I've knocked over corals then stumbled backwards and fell over my dog before...Wouldn't it be great if we could keep our hands out of the tank for once! It's just so darn hard to resist.... Is the clam still opening/closing like normal, i.e. is it doing what it normally does?
Can you try spot feeding him?

Trust me you will know, the mantel will kinda fall inward and they wont respond to you waving your hand over it. It will also stink beyond belief if you pull it out.

That sucks dude, my friend killed my clam on accident too.

Lol Sarah. Right now it's extended but the mouth is closed. Not to sure it would want to eat ATM. I'll give it 24 hrs and keep an eye on it. I assume if it's dieing they prolly close up?

Sorry to hear about that Dana :(

I couldn't resist a Black Leopard Wrasse that I saw at the LFS the other day. It was out and about and eating frozen so I took it home. It was in the tank 30 seconds, I took my eye off of it, and all I saw was a puff of sand, its buried somewhere

Back