My 46g bowfront

It will hide for a lil while. They are cool like that. Both my Xmas wrass and my leopard wrass did the same thing for the first 2-3 days

A few i took today..

zoas1234.jpg

stylo-2.jpg

ric-6.jpg

This made me lol a little.....kinda looks like a face ina way....maybe its just me..

hornetsoface.jpg

half tanker

halftank.jpg

I love the face pic!!! Its like "ooooh ya, im so cool!"

But seriously, i love your tank. How do you get your zoas to grow like that, mine grow so freaking slow

its amazing how much picture quality i lose from uploading to photobucket. These pictures look fabulous on my cpu yet they look like trash on here.

Hannah, if id have to take a quess, id say its the combination of my lights(fixture/bulbs,photo period) and food,flow and placement. Since the new light fixture id say ive had outstanding growth and at the same time started feeding with coral frenzy. Kinda think they like my dirty water too..

Still baffels me how photobucket destoys my pictures, ugh.

I took ALOT of pictures and not to many turned out. I cant WAIT to get this bowfront out of my life!!! I HATE IT! Even on a shitter note, i woke up and the candy apple zoa's i bought are missing so one of the turbos knocked it off. Search fro over an hour and couldnt find them, UGH!!!!!!

I got these zoas from the swap this past weekend

zoawatchman.jpg

AoG

aog.jpg

Yumas

newyumas.jpg

manny

manny-1.jpg

FTS

fts-2.jpg

As soon as I get a light fixture. But the 45g cube is not gunna be the reef. It's the mantis upgrade. I think for the reef ima go with a 70g cube....I'm not sure....jus beyond frustrated with this bowfront tank.

Your tank looks awesome Dana. I know how you feel about the frustration. You can't get the rocks just right or the corals want to be somewhere else. Or your urchin keeps shoving things in diff places. Lol but when you get everything just right its so worth it. At least for me. My biggest problem is I need more money for corals and my stupid lfs has shit for corals for the past few months and my other lfs is way over priced! Anyways your tank looks amazing.

Well I didn't plan on updating unless someone asked. A lot has changed. I'm running a reef octopus HOB skimmer, got a JBJ auto top off, and two DJ power strips that are super sweet.

As far as the contents in the tank. That's another story. Coral wise everything was GREAT up until yesterday. The fish is where I had been havin an issue. This dottyback had been picking on the tail spot blenny and the yellow assesor. This has been going on a long time. I just never had the time to do something about it. Well I also had a mini collapse a while back that I never fixed. Yesterday I woke up with two days off. Laid out all my 5 gallon buckets and lids. Took out 80lbs of LR with all my coral. Scooped the dottyback out and put him in the mantis tank. The started to rebuild the reef. Well the water was merky and I was trying to put it all back in as fast as possible. Got the reef steady enough for the night. Woke up looked into the tank and hermit crabs were eating my tailspot blennies head. RIP Dexter. Anyway finished putting things in place today. Some of my sps is either bleached a little or RTN'ing. Some that got to stay in the water still look great. Overall process took about 30-40 minutes. I stuck my Frag rack in the mantis tank too. Ended up pulling out a huge colony of zoa's and put it in the mantis tank too. Also still trying to get the flow right now. My CPU took a shit so uploading pics isn't going to be easy. It's been a long two days and hoping my corals pull through. The assessor is swimming around a lot more so it was worth the hassle. Just sucks losing Dexter. He was a great fish. Thanks for asking tho.

Dana

Back