My 90 gallon mixed reef setup

GXPKY

Reefing newb
Hello, my name is Dennis, I am new to this site. I live in Berea Kentucky, and have been in the hobby for around 2 months. I purchased my already up and running saltwater aquarium off of Craigslist for 500 dollars, including all hardware pictured, t5 lighting, 2 white 250w, 2 blue, and 4 moonlight led's, also included were an RO/DI filter with electronic sensor etc. The corals included were the huge frogspawn, almost 50 heads not counting the babies. A hammer coral with about 30+ heads, two large Kenya trees, and a decent sized Birdsnest. I have since added a lot of other corals, and have studied my butt off learning how to care for each of the inhabitants.

Anyway, here's what I have, enjoy!

DSCN1606-1.jpg

DSCN1607-1.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

Yeah well, I believe that would be the bleached coraline from moving it lol, it's more white till you take a pic of it. the rock has colored up well but the glass only has color near the bottom

Only issue I've had so far is a 3 by 2 inch strip of red slime bacteria growing on a piece of live rock, It also is in my refugium, since then I've stopped using flake foods, pretty sure that is causing my issues since it's in a low flow spot where food likes to settle.

Oh also, had a beautiful brightly colored yellow and black sail fin tang that croaked, came down with ick but was very stressed...the yellow tang stayed after him for the last 2 weeks we've owned him and he'd been stressed to the gills (no pun intended?) He ate great and the ick was coming and going and thought he was going to fight it off, even picked up a second cleaner shrimp and the white spots stayed gone very well but the last two days he stopped eating, even with garlic additive to the food, and he wouldnt even touch seaweed anymore. Became very finicky and this morning he was stuck to a wavemaker and was barely moving. Sad day. Otherwise, there has not been a sign of ick on the other fish, he was just overly stressed since we got him and he never really acclimated too well....stupid yellow tang...

Cleanup crew right now includes....
4 Peppermint Shrimp
2 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Camel Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab
2 Brittle Starfish
4 Scarlet hermits
tons of blue legs hermits that came with the tank
tons of mexican turbos
5 of the sand burrowing snails always forget the name

Picked up a few things Saturday after work! Here's the list and pics of each!

Orange Halo (neon green), and Scroll coral in background
DSCN1618.jpg

Cup Coral
DSCN1629-1.jpg

Elephant Skin
DSCN1612.jpg

Purple Rim Capricornis
DSCN1617.jpg

Trumpet
DSCN1628.jpg

Acropora
DSCN1621.jpg

The anemone at the bottom didn't like the shade from the frogspawn I guess and moved left about a foot a week or two ago.

Back