My Aquaclear 70 Refugium Mod of Win

Rufio808

Reefing newb
I've been meaning to move my tank around the apartment for some time. The way it stood against the wall of my living room just never seemed appealing. I also been looking at some aquacleaer refugium mods and I must say, it looked very very worthwhile. I picked up an AC 70 and got straight to work. I still need some type of macro to put in (Biff do you still ship to Hawaii?!). Well, enough talk, let's get to the pictures yeah?

Here's the goods : ]
PhotoJun0930335PM.jpg

I took the media basket and divided it into 3 separate pieces.
PhotoJun0932242PM-1.jpg

The bottom eggcrate-like piece will of course be used to block any media from flowing out of the chamber.
PhotoJun0932258PM.jpg

PhotoJun0934323PM.jpg

I had a spare piece of acrylic stuff laying around and used it as a baffle to hold some sponge in place. I hope it helps keep the tank clear up.
PhotoJun0934345PM.jpg

Here's a full size shot.
PhotoJun0943248PM.jpg

An overhead shot.
PhotoJun0934323PM.jpg

I also modded the intake so it would function as both an intake from the lower part of the tank and as a surface skimmer. I've been noticing film on the surface lately.
PhotoJun1093258AM.jpg

The filter is working great so far! I'm really happy with it. I was going to go with the AC 110, but I figured I'd save some money and get some more rock rubble and macroalgae soon. Oh, and here's a room shot of the tank in its new spot.
PhotoJun10100425AM.jpg

Back