My Dilema

pgr11

Reefing newb
I now have a dilema. My wife was having none of me getting a tank, well she said a small one was ok. She was not all that thrilled with a 55gal but said ok. I wanted a 100-125 gal but that was out of the question. So now I have the 55 up and cycling and its just about finished and now my with is hooked. She now wants bigger
frusty.gif
So now im pondering getting a bigger tank. My question to you is this what should I do. I am new to saltwater but i do know i want around 100 gal. should I upgrade now or should I wait and do it later after I get some time under my belt? Decisions, Decisions

Well, I think before your tank gets established and have the possibility of messing anything up when changing later, you should just do the upgrade now while the tank doesn't having anything living in it. As for the size, anything under 125g will limit greatly your stockin options so IMO I wouldn't upgrade to anyyhig smaller then that.

How many people need to say the same thing. Go do it and when there is a problem it will be easier to solve before a wipe out in most cases. Getting the wife to buy in was the only battle you faced! Go get your trophy!

Well problem solved. I just got home and I ended up getting a 120 gal sea clear acrylic with corner overflow and stand. Tank is in realy good condition. It has a coulpe small scratches near the bottom but pretty minor. It also has a return on the opposite side. I am very happy with the tank, plus it was only $ 200.00 not to bad. Im gonna replace the top piece of ply on the stand, its pressed ply and slightly warped in 2 spots but thata an easy fix. Thanks for all the advice. I will need some more when I transfer all the sand and rock but thats for another thread.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Oh i will get pics up real soon

Back