IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

More pics:
IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

And I'm keeping a breeding journal if anyone is interested in my tank set up, medications I tried, etc. I update it about every other day, and I hope it can give a clear answer as to what I am doing right / wrong and what works for the dwarfs eventually. Dwarf Seahorse Keeper

hahahaha thanks Mr. Diggler!

Yeah on the last pic you can tell they actually have fish eyes, even though they look like chameleon eyes! I can't believe I got such a clear picture of its side eye :D That's clearer than I could see with the naked eye.

I ordered 4 more and the male was pregnant. He had 4 babies total

1 - died in the corner being swarmed by brine :( there was nothing I could do :'(
1 - escaped the breeder box! O.O I have no idea where it went but good luck out there little buddy!
2 - are safe in the breeder box eating baby brine shrimp.

Gonna hatch some more - here's a picture of the two left! The one in the corner is actually eating brine :)

baby_dwarf_seahorses.jpg

Thanks! I am not sure how well I will do with only 2 to raise and with a regular mortality rate of 60% but I will try my best! :D I'll be so happy if they even live for a few days to be honest. They look so delicate..

So the one that escaped the breeder box is doing the best - so I let the others join him lol
IMG_0791.jpg

The crabs have also officially moved :P

^__^ me too! And I think I might have 2 pregnant males, but I have absolutely no idea until they actually have babies. These little guys seem to be doing well on their own. I've only had one die of sickness so far - the rest seem to be healthy and happy. I've had some of the seahorses start scratching and looking like they were in distress, but I gave them a fresh water dip and then a melafix dip and sent them on their way, and they all seem to be doing fine. :)

Back