My escaping clown

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
As some of you may recall, my snowflake clown has escaped. Twice. Both times I thought he was a goner only to be found later in the overflow area. To prevent this, and I assume its worked, I put a reptile screen over that side of my tank. One serious drawback to this is that is severely cuts down on the light entering that side of the tank.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to keep it out of the overflow without the use of this screen? I'm installing new lights and am attempting to clean up the top of the tank. Make it look better ya know. Less cluttered.

Is it a standard overflow? They make covers for them, not only does it keep fish out of your overflow, it cuts down on the scum that likes to grow there as well.

So ya think he wants to find his way back to the fish store? He's tank bred!

I know what he wants back there. Its full of live food. I have hundreds of pods living in the bottom of my overflow.

go to home depot get ceiling grate its like 1/2"x1/2" squares will cut down on light some but not as much as the screen would. i put this on all my overflow areas because snails love to think they are helping but actually haveing me lose 30 to 40 gallons of water onto the floor.

Back