My first death

JellyMan said:
lol redneck fish tanks on the next montel.

Actually thats just a method of removing problem fish,Us REAL rednecks would have used explosives if we was actually fishing for fun:mrgreen:

Well Biff was right. Those stupid Sally Lightfoot crabs must have a taste for fresh fish. Woke up this morning to 1 Chromis and 1 Damsel left. No parts or leftovers anywhere in the tank. So on the upside I only have 1 more damsel to catch. On the downside I have to catch 2 crabs now as well. I guess it's a good thing I'm learning this with 4$ fish instead of 20$ fish.

Yep they'll do that unfortunately. But before you completely blame the Sally Lightfoots I'd make sure you don't have a mantis shrimp instead.... I think it'd be weird if the crabs caught two fish in one night...

I've been all over my tank. The only shimp things I have found are some really tiny looking ones in the refugum. Don't think they are actually shimp though. I think I'm just going to take all the live rock out then go chasing the last damsel and 2 crabs. I must have gotten a few really mean ones. I've seen pictures of mantis shimp but haven't seen anything like that in there. I scrubbed all my live rock down with a paintbrush and saltwater before I put it in and I look really closely at it every night looking for new growth. Kind of geeky I know. The base rock I put in is starting to grow corraline though!!! Maybe I will find something else when I take all the rock out. I might as well do it now before everything gets really established. If there is a shimp or anything else in there I'm going to find him.

Back