My First New Fish!

Lizardgi

I used to have lizards
Hello,

I just thought I'd post a quick update - I've added my first new fish since purchasing and moving my new reef setup. It's a "Singapore Yellow Tang" as labeled at the LFS, but it apparently goes by several names. He's adapting quite well and is already eating for me. I caught my peppermint shrimp cleaning him before, up until the clown came and nipped him a bit. Hopefully they'll be able to sort things out!

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

I've most commonly seen those fish referred to as mimic tangs. They are very pretty and can be hard to find! He looks great in your tank.

Agree that the dark substrate makes the fish pop! Looks like plenty of room and the clown will get slapped in the face by the tang if he presses his luck too many times. Kinda like when a cat finally turns around and pops a dog in the nose with its claws, that tang has a weapon of its own and it will only take one or two introductions for the clown to see its not worth loosing an eye.:frustrat:

First off,love your in wall !!:Cheers:
Biff is right,that is a mimic/chocolate tang which is meant to "mimic" a lemonpeel angel as a juvi,it will go through an awesome color change...i had one for a few years and it was one of my favorite fish.....

Thanks for the great comments everyone! The LFS owner did say it's also called a "Mimic" or "Chocolate" Tang. It looks like Mimic seems to be the most popular online. He survived the first night and is looking well so far. I'm excited to see the colors change over the next few years!

He survived the first night and is looking well so far. I'm excited to see the colors change over the next few years!
Don't bet on it taking that long. I have a mimic tang in my tank and I have had it for about 3 month and it is already changing to the brownish color. It is kinda special watching him go thru his change. I bought the mimic cause of the brilliant yellow, but it is a special fish goodluck and enjoy the show:Cheers:

Don't bet on it taking that long. I have a mimic tang in my tank and I have had it for about 3 month and it is already changing to the brownish color. It is kinda special watching him go thru his change. I bought the mimic cause of the brilliant yellow, but it is a special fish goodluck and enjoy the show:Cheers:
mine was fully changed in under a year.......
I miss him:grumble:

Back