My Foxface Arghhh!

Good to hear, PRC! What would we do without livingreefs for support :) I was going to post earlier, but I was busy w/ guests in town. I was going to say that it's good for you to post this type of behavior for other future foxface owners who might run into the same problem.

One last post on this whole thing.

Now that the foxface is in front of the tank again, I can get a better look at him. I didn't want to stress him out even more while he was going through his drama, so I stayed away from him as much as possible. Just keeping an eye on him to see if he was struggling. Checking him for obvious signs of stress.

I believe I've figured out what happened. He took a tail nip from my female clown. (I don't think the male would've done it). The foxface has a nice little nip taken out of his tailfin. I told you the female clown is mean. (She's gotta know by now that those dorsals are badass, but she doesn't care)

Everything seems to be fine now. They've come to some sort of an agreement as far as the tank rules, but the foxface is still keeping an eye on the female clown as he swims around...

Like Wonton said, just in case another new foxface owner goes through a similar situation, we've got some data.

He took a tail nip from my female clown. (I don't think the male would've done it). The foxface has a nice little nip taken out of his tailfin. I told you the female clown is mean. (She's gotta know by now that those dorsals are badass, but she doesn't care)

Oh suuuuuuuuure, blame it on the female! It's always the female's fault. But she proved worthy to be in the military ;) :helm2:

Back