My Holiday Present from Parents

ilyad

Reefing newb
Im so excited that my parents gave me corals for the Holidays... the present was early since the LFS had what I wanted now, and I was afraid they would be gone at the end of the month...

Here are some pictures

I got a pair of Ricordea's
IMG_1422.jpg

Theres some awesome colors!!!
IMG_1423.jpg

Here they are in their new spot with the daylights
IMG_1429.jpg

And at night
IMG_1448.jpg

And, not only did I get those, but also this great coral... the frogspawn (this is the coral I really fell in love with the first time I saw it)

When I just brought it home
IMG_1427.jpg

Look at its mouth :P
IMG_1430.jpg

And when its fully expanded after some time
IMG_1444.jpg

And how it looks at night
IMG_1445.jpg

Here is a FTS
IMG_1452.jpg

Coral Stock (in the order I got them):
Zoa colony
Neon Green Candy Cane
Duncan Coral
Captain America Poly's
Burgundy/Teal Candy Cane
Ricordea (pair)
Frogspawn

Im so excited by about these :^: I absolutely love how my tank is turning out

Some of the other corals I plan to get eventually
Blastomussa
Feather Duster
Xenia

Other things:
Clam
Blood Red Fire Shrimp

and still looking at what gorgeous fish to get for the tank

Nice additions...
looks good!
Looking Really Good
Very nice! I looove rics and thats a nice frogspawn.
Thanks guys!!!

Very nice rics, love the colors.
Yeah these colors are amazing... The store has 2 more that are great, so it was hard to choose... there is one thats all pink and one thats brownish with orange tips (sounds bland, but it looks awesome). I decided to go with the bigger splash of color

What LFS did they come from?

My local one thats called Pacific Reef... this guy has some of the coolest fish and coral around... he's super chill too and always hooks me up... and best of all, he has a frequent buyer rewards program where you accumulate 2% from all your purchases for store credit... Ive accumulated about 10$ already! LOL

His stock is also the healthiest Ive seen around, the other fish stores I go to, they have sickly looking corals and unhappy fish

Yeah, I know where it is. Have not made it in there yet though.

There are a few locations, which the owner sets up and then sells. The store he keeps now is in Fountain Valley, I would go to that one if you decide to... are you in So Cal? it says Bay Area in your profile

I live in the Bay Area. I am from Lakewood, but spent most my time in O.C. before moving here. I am still down there at least once a month as all my family are still there.

I live in the Bay Area. I am from Lakewood, but spent most my time in O.C. before moving here. I am still down there at least once a month as all my family are still there.

Nice, next time you should check them out... I know there is another store in the area thats supposed to be good also, called Coral Collection in Westminster, but I havent ventured to that one yet... I probably will once Im done with finals:bounce:

You should check out Age of Aquariums if you are ever in the Long Beach area too, great store and great people there.

Back