My new 14 gallon BioCube

Swimdolphin123

Reefing newb
I am about to get a 14 gallon saltwater aquarium BioCube up and running in the next few weeks. I am wondering if my plan of one true percula, one peppermint shrimp, one court jester goby, one turbo snail, and green star polyps is a good idea for such a small tank. In which order should I introduce them to the tank, and is all of this appropriate for a 14 gallon biocube's lighting sysytem and filteration? Is it all okay for a beginner? Any advice would be appreciated...:regular_w

Hello and welcome to the site..glad to have you aboard. That sounds like a great idea for your 14 gal tank. After your cycle has completed, you can add your first fish, any one of the two.

I agree it sounds like a good plan. I would personally get a skunk cleaner shrimp instead of the peppermint shrimp though, peppermints like to hide a lot and you may never see it. For the fish, I'd add the goby first since it will be the least aggressive of the two fish.

And welcome to the site!

My Pep was a great addition, but i mainly added him to clear my Aiptasia problem, but after he got used to me being the hand that fed him, he came out alot. In my opinion, its all down to "personality"
But you have made some great choices on your livestock!
Welcome to the Reef mate! :D

More of a CUC....one turbo aint gunna cut it. Hermits, or more snails for sure. They dont have to be turbo's jus sayin one snail for a CUC besides the skunk cleaner wont cut it. Besides that everyone else has u covered

Back