my new frag swap corals!

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
Sooo..I went to a frag swap today at abc reefs and picked up some rlly nice peices. They are all acclimating right now.

IMAG1417.jpg

I got everything I was liking to get. They didn't have any digitata sps corals so I got a green birdsnest and an acropora. Not sure which type but its the one that has the purple tips. Also got lord of the rings zoas, little acan colony and two duncans. The acans were $30. Acro was $20. Birdsnest was $20. Duncans were $10 each and the zoas were $20. My husband and I bought two raffle tickets to win a 75g reef ready tank. Stand, sump lights, everything included! The drawing is at seven. I'm praying I win! How long should I drip acclimate these little guys for and should I just place them all on the sandbed for a few.days and then move them up? I'm soo happy I got what I wanted. This frag swap was great, there was soo many great priced frags and I talked to a guy that works at the store and he's gonna order me a blue spotted jawfish and they only charge $85 for them! The other one I got was 110! I'm stoked!

Thanks! Im putting my lights to the test with these sps corals. They are a little more light demanding than I wanted but this was the perfect time to pick up a small cheap frag. I can't wait till the are in the tank!

Yea but shipping is a lot :(

OMG I just say where you live I'm just outside Albany if you ever want some frags let me know I can do a drop off almost any Sunday or Monday. I say this because I do trades and get free be offers here and there.

-Kurt

OMG I just say where you live I'm just outside Albany if you ever want some frags let me know I can do a drop off almost any Sunday or Monday. I say this because I do trades and get free be offers here and there.

-Kurt

Sweet! Thanks ill deff keep that in mind!

The lights are off now but the corals look good. The duncans are opening up and the zoas are already open. Others look like they are doing well also.

You made out nice! My wife and I were there twice during the day. Had to go home and acclimate the first set. Went back to get some food (for the fish and us!), and somehow ended buying a few more frags! Whoops! Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet you. I'll post pics soon to show you. Looks like you got some of Brandon's SPS's. Very nice!

We were only there for about an hour and a half. Not sure which tank was brandons Haha. I know the green birdsnest was a young guy and the Acro was a man prlly in his mid thirties..I think. Idk lol looking forward to seeing your peices!

Hey B,
I reread your initial post here. If you are looking for Digitatas, ABC had ORA frags of the green and orange. I bought one at the frag sale ($45), but they were discounted 20%. And, I guess you didn't win the 75g tank. Neither did I, but be thankful you didn't. I'm speaking from experience! My wife and I won the 65g setup two years ago! lol. Do you know how much that free tank cost me since?! LOL. Another $160 fish and frags this past weekend! :shock: Sorry you didn't win.

Yea I saw you got one and when I saw yours I thought to myself..Ohhh! I did see it, I'm so stupid Haha. I was looking right at it at the store and thought it was something else lol. Oh well I like the frags I got. Yea I was kinda bummed about not winning but after I thought about it kinda thankful bc I really would have dumped a ton more money into it that I really don't have Haha.

Back