My New Skimmer(Pics)

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Well I finally settled on a protein skimmer and I got a Bermuda BPS 8c and a Mag 18 to run it. Its rated for 400-800 gallons but we all know how the ratings work.

http://www.bermudaaquatics.com/8C.htm

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

attachment.php

I also picked up a 55 gallon for a sump for 30 bucks too! So its been a productive week.

I havent updated my sig because my tank isnt running yet its going on my 180dt with 55 sump. Should I update it now?

Biff its not a needlewheel skimmer its an injector skimmer(not beckett though)

Hibye I got it cheaper than that

Hibye you are a plethora of information lately, haha. Thanks! I wish you could skim freshwater that would make life a lot easier! but I did know that.

Nice custom skimmer. Even has rounded over edges on the base box. Not to shabby. Nope, not too shabby at all. That big gate valve is worth almost half as much money as most Octopus, Turboflotor and Coralife skimmers in their entirety. You probably feel almost like a proud Papa.

Well, Alto, that peanut butter like skimmate has collected on the lid of the cup. You won't get stuff like that in the cup itself. Skimmate is usually runnier. If yours looks like iced tea, then you are collecting wet skimmate. Some people dial down their skimmers to collect more of a dry skimmate. I've found that my skimmer works best if I run it wetter, so it's up to you. It really doesn't make much of a difference except you lose more water when you run it wet.

yeah well since it does run wetter I need to top off my tank with water almost everyday or my preskimmer box and pump start to go dry and make crazy annoying noises.

That skimmer is awesome!!! I roo will be anxious to see how well it works. Nice pick up -

When do you think you will get water in the new tank??

Who knows when Ill get water! Im getting impatient, have tank,stand, canopy reflectors, sump, and now skimmer. I still need 3 MH ballasts 2 icecap 660s, a dolphin pump for closed loop, a return pump, plumbing parts, light bulbs, heaters, live sand and rock. I need about 3 grand really!

Oh yeah I need to MOVE INTO MY NEW HOUSE FIRST! What a process!

well im not sure about the extra crunchy peanut butter, but, the skimmer should do you a great job. good choice. congrats on your patients in putting your system together the way you want it.

Back