My tank

DSC01447.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

The coral is now starting to turn yellow. It was green. Going to do a water change tomorrow...to try to get rid of the cyano and the nitrates are a tad high

I got a new layout so everywhere has moderate flow
Let me know what you think
DSC01452.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

I noticed my leather wasnt getting any flow so thats why I changed it...

any suggestions would be great.
Notice how my main powerhead is turned sideways so I could get flow on that rock for the next coral.

yeah I thought it would be good cuz its like a circle....
I cant wait till I get my toadstool tuesday...
then im going to wat to tget anything aelse till after spring break.
sorry ive played a good bit of beer pong.
yeah I cant wait till I get my toadstool.

lol flip cup is crap... beer pong is where it is...

yeah i want the leather to get yellow and for the things to come out..
Ive got to get rid of the cyano though...
and I cant wait till I get the toadstool

I agree...the women around here get down with flip cup and a bunch of em can play so when Im not on the pong table flip cup it is.

Im excited for you, just dont puke in the tank might cycle. haha

so my leather is green....still

it should be yellow... im starting to get worried.. Im doing another water change in a little bit.

Corals will look different under different lights. If it looked yellow in the store, then it could be your lights that are making it look green. As long as it's acting healthy, I wouldn't worry about the color.

You should watch your skimate. the darker the better, and the foam, the dryer the better. yours looks a bit wet so I suspect your air to water ratio is not set at the optimine. also if you add any additives to your system or frozen food such as formula 1 your skimmer will go crazy, just turn it off for a few hours which may help. I clean my upper part of the skimmer at least once per week also and do the Ro water thing. Good luck. hopefully someone with the same skimmer will chime in here on the skimmer settings and production waste. good luck again.

Basically JHNRB is saying that you should be getting thick,dark,dry looking foam in the collection cup of your skimmer. And that nutrients and water quality along with light spectrium effect the color of your soft corals.

The larger, 24 gallon Nano Cube Deluxe expands possibilities for avid nano reef hobbyists. With more usable space for fish, corals, and other aquarium inhabitants, this larger model features two 36-watt 50/50 compact fluorescent lamps offering 72 total watts or 3 watts of lighting per gallon.

thats my tank lights...should they be fine?

Also with the protein skimmer its an air injected . Ill take pics later, how far down in the water should it be and stuff like that.
If needed I could get a new light setup and take off the top, because thats all I see at the LFS are those tanks but with no top. Thanks.
I just dont want a 50 dollar coral to die.

Your tank lights are fine for soft corals like mushrooms, zoanthids and leathers. Certain LPS corals may be fine if you place them up high near the lights.

Back