My tank

I need some help with placement.
This is what im going to add to my tank
Tuesday im getting a toadstool.
Eventually im going to get a frogspawn and brain ( hopefully free from my friend)
Where should I put these.
Im going to put the brain on the bottom but what about the toadstool and frogspawn
thanks

The toadstool needs low light and low to moderate flow, and the frogspawn needs moderate light and low to moderate flow. So either of them would do fine in the bottom half of the tank out of the direct aim of your powerheads.

alright sounds good. I should be getting the toadstool tomorrow and the umbrella is looking better.
Since I have corals now should I be testing for calcium and add when needed?

Also im looking at getting an apartment next year and looking at a rimless aquarium.

aight here are some pics of my protein skimmer

how far down in the water should it go... i havnt gotten anything in the collection cup.
DSC01459.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

I saw something weird on one of the sides of my coral this morning

I tried to get a good pic but this is the best I could do. It went away when I turned the lights on
and it looks like its on the bottom where the light isnt shining...it looks like the coral but with whiteish tentacles.
DSC01461.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

any suggestions on what to do...it doesnt look good. its smaller and I think starting to grow back.
What had happened is that some cyano got onto the rock and bottom of the coral. I noticed it and scraped it all off but some of the coral was dead and when I accidently nudged it fell off

The cyano may have made the coral turn loose of its rock.If it looks like its trying to open up or grow back,then it'll probably be alright.

So in the middle of the night last night when I was trying to go to sleep I needed to get something to drink. Half asleep I walk across my room to get my water. I look into my tank and I see two shrimp. I only have one. Puzzled I turn the light on real quick to see what it is. Well it was the shell of the other one.

Trying to figure this out while half asleep wasnt fun...but funny when thinking about it

The yellow isnt so good... I realized my calcium is low so im picking up some stuff tomorrow.
The toadstool is doing good though.

Back