Neato!

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Check out one of my conchs. His shell was all plain old drab brown when I bought him (where the coralline is growing now). Look at the pattern and coloration the new growth in his shell has taken on since I added him to my tank. I checked all the conchs I could find, and all of them show a different pattern on their new growth. Anyone know why their shells have been growing differently? PS - this was taken BEFORE I cleaned the glass.

103007018.jpg

if i had to guess i would say that it has something to do with you calcium levels being where they are. i am sure you levels are far better than the LFS or wholesaler tanks that they were in before.

Hahaha, I just noticed his eyeballs in that picture. He's like, "What the f$%#?!?! Put me down!" He's giving me that crazy dude scare. Like he's about to cut me or something.

i think you should take a vacation and sit there with your hand in your tank for 2 weeks and see if you can get the coraline to spread onto your fingers..... what do you say?

No, I don't chew them. But I keep them cut REAL short, because if you throw a punch with long nails, you dig into your own skin and from the force, you end up cutting yourself on the inside of your hands. Or at least, that's what happens to me...

So... No one can tell me why my conchs are growing different patterns and colors on their shells now? God, a lot of help you all are!!! ;)

my guess is that it is a personal preference for the conch. I mean really Biff...If you don't know the answer, how are we supposed to figure it out?

-Dr Marco :sfish:

personally, I think her nails are short cuz she has man-hands and they would look weird with long nails.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back