need advice on lights on my tank

d.french

Reef enthusiast
my light fixture has 3 150 watt 10k halides and 4 96 watt blue actnic 460nm/420nm, since i have added a few hard corals do you think they will have enough light midway up and higher part of tank. I was also thinking of taking out all four actnic bulbs and replacing them with 10,000k/ 460 actnic bulbs to add more light in tank seems kinda blue want to make sure i'm getting enough for my hard corals. so any advice on which way to go or should i leave it be and see how they do.

here is how it looks now
IM000789.JPG

IM000790.JPG

You should be fine if the sps is in the top 1/3 to 1/4 of the tank. I would move them slowly though. I also would not replace the actinics.

I think your lighting is just fine for now. You will need to run it for a while and see how the corals do. Keep just as you have um. center the light fixture over the tank and position your sps under the MH and acclimate as disucssed.

are these the bulbs that came with the fixture? if so i'd think about replacing them as the bulbs that typicly come in these fixtures are typicly junk. I'd reccomend Ushio 10k bulbs to go with you're actinics. you will see some amazing growth from these bulbs. also 150 is a sweet watage. IMO 250+ are only really good in SPS dominated tanks and deep tanks.

yeah these bulbs came with it so what does everybody recommend as far as name brand light bulbs halides are 150watt 10k, pc are 460/420nm actnic 96 watt, the brand is of course current usa. Which brand would you recommend

your actinic's should be fine. I'd switch to the 10k Ushio or XM bulbs. These are what i would run if i had actinic suplementation however i am using the reeflux 12k from coralvue.

thanks for info got about got six months on these bulbs will be ordering new ones in march just researching to find a good set of 10k bulbs

Back