Need some quick help : /

Yeah, definitely more than 12... :*( Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. Going to start researching into it now.

Lol, like the way that article starts out David, "These corals are among a small group of hermatypes that have both charmed and frustrated aquarists for years." ~Bad sign!

Yeah, but you may be one of the lucky ones. Never know till you try. I have a 2 strike out rule. I'll try a coral twice and if I have no luck with it I give up on that particular coral. I figure that two times with bad luck is no coincidence so I move on.

It may be a goni -- I can't count exactly how many petals are on it from the picture. If it is a goni, well, then you are even worse off than when it was an alveopora!! ;)

May as well just call it an alve and wish for the best, right?!

It may be a goni -- I can't count exactly how many petals are on it from the picture. If it is a goni, well, then you are even worse off than when it was an alveopora!! ;)

May as well just call it an alve and wish for the best, right?!

Always the optimist :mrgreen:

Always the optimist :mrgreen:

:frustrat: You guys suck, lol.

Well, here's what it looked like when I came home today.
CoralDay3007.jpg

CoralDay3002.jpg

I think it looks a lot better.

It is looking good.:D
The next time your at the LFS,pick up a pack of frozen rotifers or cyclops to feed it.Alves and Gonis both like a good meaty meal.

It is looking good.:D
The next time your at the LFS,pick up a pack of frozen rotifers or cyclops to feed it.Alves and Gonis both like a good meaty meal.

Thanks Yote, I'll do that. How do I feed it? I've never used rotifers or cyclopese before.

The easiest way to feed it,is to cut the top off a 2 liter coke bottle and place the top over the coral.Then take a turkey baster and squirt the rotifers or cyclops through the neck and let it sit for 30 minutes or so.The bottle top will keep the food around the coral long enough for it to feed.Then just pull the bottle top out,wash it off,and put it up until time for the next feeding.

The easiest way to feed it,is to cut the top off a 2 liter coke bottle and place the top over the coral.Then take a turkey baster and squirt the rotifers or cyclops through the neck and let it sit for 30 minutes or so.The bottle top will keep the food around the coral long enough for it to feed.Then just pull the bottle top out,wash it off,and put it up until time for the next feeding.

Sweet. Can I do this for other coral too? Been wondering how to feed the stuff I can't drop mysis on.

Shots when I got home today. Damn coral looks great. Won't be able to get any food for it until Saturday. They have a small goniopora at my LFS and two articles I've read said that they seem to do better when they are placed next to other species so hell, already got my feet wet..might jump in.

Anyhow, that'll happen if they give me a discount. They're getting a shipment in and sometimes they give me breaks if I buy a couple things.

On with the pics:
CoralsDay4002.jpg

CoralsDay4006.jpg

Muahahaha. Brown Jelly..I kicked its ass, lol. :bounce:

My last pic of it for awhile, just cause I think for now it's safe. Thanks for the advice again and I'm glad I cut that chunk off.

CoralDay5005.jpg

Back