Need some suggestions for fish for my 120 gallon

Dturner

Reefer Madness
I own a 120 gallon aquarium with another 20 gallons in the sump, for an overall 140 gallon system. I need some fish suggestions from my fellow reefers. I currently have the following:

2 Clown Fish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Yellow Tang
2 Banggai Cardinals
1 Mandarin Goby

I want some awesome, colorful fish that will not require a lid on my tank to prevent jumping, I also don't want the fish to compete with the mandarin in copepod hunting and ideally the fish would need to be 100% reef safe, not just "most" of the time. I had a bi-color blenny that picked on my digitata, he had to go.

Any suggestions would be great!

the only blue tang that would be ok in there would be the powder blue any other I know of the tank would be to small for..

Ungh...stay away from Kole Tangs LOL I just got rid of mine for bullying anything and everything, and from what I hear a lot of people had problems with theirs.

Rabbitfish would be awesome :D I love mine. Sweetest fish ever.

What about a coral beauty or flame angel? And I love the Spotbreast angel as well! I'd stay away from the blue tangs - your tank is too small for the blue hippo, and the powder blues (despite being one of my personal favorites) are just really hard to keep healthy and alive in captivity (despite what your LFS might tell you).

I just got a kole tang and he tries and bullies all the fish. It worked for the first week now they all just don't care or stay out instead of hiding.

Ungh...stay away from Kole Tangs LOL I just got rid of mine for bullying anything and everything, and from what I hear a lot of people had problems with theirs.

Rabbitfish would be awesome :D I love mine. Sweetest fish ever.

LA puts Kole tangs in the "peaceful" category...guess you can't trust what they say! From what others have said, their minimum tank sizes are good though. Anyone find any other discrepancies? Like is "reef safe" usually correct?

Their categorizations aren't perfect, like even if it says reef safe with caution doesn't mean most people don't have any issues with them in a reef. Any other of the bristletooth tangs are usually more peaceful though, and Blue eyed Kole tang is awesome and very very passive.

Their categorizations aren't perfect, like even if it says reef safe with caution doesn't mean most people don't have any issues with them in a reef. Any other of the bristletooth tangs are usually more peaceful though, and Blue eyed Kole tang is awesome and very very passive.

I don't see one called Blue Eyed Kole - is it this one called Two Spot Bristletooth tang? I really like that one.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Two Spot Bristletooth Tang

I don't see one called Blue Eyed Kole - is it this one called Two Spot Bristletooth tang? I really like that one.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Two Spot Bristletooth Tang

Yup that'd be the one, it's so hard to find an accurate pic of these guys colors

BlueEye1-4710-1.jpg

Back