Need some suggestions for fish for my 120 gallon

Wow, what a beut. Definitely on my stocking listnow. Do you think this would be okay in a 29 gal QT? (for 6 weeks before going in the 125 permanently)
I think it'll depend on the size of the one you get. Mine was easily 6-7in when I got him, way too big IMO for a 29. But, I think a smaller one would be fine.

5 of them? I just wonder if they would stick together and not scatter all over the aquarium.

It's hard to say, most of the schooling/shoaling fish don't exhibit those behaviors in our tanks once they get comfortable.

Okay, next idea: Engineer Goby. Anyone have experience with these? I think they're cool because they kinda look like Eel's. Would they be okay with my current fish list? Are they going to knock things over a lot? (Frags, rocks, full grown corals)

Engineer gobies will rearrange your tank and could cause a rock slide. I'd avoid one of those.

How about a leopard wrasse?

leopard01.JPG

You can make one pretty cheaply and very easily, and it's more then worth it IMO wrasses are some of the most colorful and beautiful fish you'll find.

You can make one pretty cheaply and very easily, and it's more then worth it IMO wrasses are some of the most colorful and beautiful fish you'll find.

I think I am going to try to make one in the next couple weeks, it does seem pretty easy, a lot easier than I originally thought. I am just wondering how the power cords for my powerheads will be routed through the screen top. If they go through the mesh part it would be really annoying to try to take the lid off without unplugging the cords.

If I can get that figured out, this project will be well worth it and will open up a ton of possibilities for new fish. Thanks for the suggestion, you've inspired me.

Back