Need suggestions on replacing a dumba** urchin

BL1

So, it's all fun and games when my urchin wants to carry around a few zoa polyps around the tank but, when I come home from work today and saw this
Urchin.jpg

HE HAD TO GO! He's been banished to my 28g. Now I need to find something to replace him as, he would be all over my tank clearing algae off everything.

I finally got fed up, everyday I've been coming home to find 1-2 of my SPS knocked off the rack in the sand. And today was the last straw. I'll probably go with the astreas, turbos, and maybe a couple extra ceriths. I don't think I'll ever get a blenny again, I love them and there such cool fish but, I've had two Blennies that wouldn't eat anything I fed them after they finished off all the hair algae.

I have two turbo snails and they are fantastic at clearing algae! However they are like bulls in a china shop....I eventually had to glue my corals down (much to my dismay) because I they would knock down everything everyday. I almost lost my acan they stressed it out so much. The LFS told me they would eventually "learn the tank" but after 3 months.....they still have knocked everything over.

But fantastic at algae none the less. When they are on the glass and you put your ear close to it, you can actually hear them scrapping. (may sound juvenile but I was amused)

Last edited:
Back