Never thought it'd happen

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
But I'm getting overrun with mushrooms and xenia. And to top if all off, my tiny little frag of kenya weed I've had for 2 years dropped about 10 little bastard children, lol.

So...do you guys try to trade this stuff in for credit with your LFS? Sell/give it away to local reefers? Or just toss them? Getting to the point where they're starting to overcrowd stuff. Especially those freaking mushrooms. I started with 1 red mushroom. Now I have hundreds. It's amazing.

If you do give/sell/trade it do you attach it to stuff first or just take it over unattached in a baggy?

But I'm getting overrun with mushrooms and xenia. And to top if all off, my tiny little frag of kenya weed I've had for 2 years dropped about 10 little bastard children, lol.

So...do you guys try to trade this stuff in for credit with your LFS? Sell/give it away to local reefers? Or just toss them? Getting to the point where they're starting to overcrowd stuff. Especially those freaking mushrooms. I started with 1 red mushroom. Now I have hundreds. It's amazing.

If you do give/sell/trade it do you attach it to stuff first or just take it over unattached in a baggy?

xenia is sometimes not even aloud as credit in some LFS weed i will NOT have in my tank , as far as shrooms go for i think depending on the color maybe youll be able to sell them on CL or ask your LFS

I've read that a lot about Xenia but here it goes for 40-60 dollars a head. Do you attach it to plugs before you try to LFS credit it or CL it? Or how do you guys do it?

are you serious?

im going to move and make a fortune.

But i would actually cut it off, then sew or rubber band it to the rock you want it to attach to and leave it for a week. It should attach on its own. Same for the shrooms. The dont glue well because of their slime

Do you do this in your maintank or in a frag tank?

For some reason all coral is really expensive here. I pay like 30 bucks for 2-3 small mushrooms. A little cluster of green/brown plain zoas are 50 bucks too. I don't think it's popular enough for them to cover overhead/shipping and stuff so everything's expensive.

I've read that a lot about Xenia but here it goes for 40-60 dollars a head. Do you attach it to plugs before you try to LFS credit it or CL it? Or how do you guys do it?

O.o a HEAD of Xenia?

this >>>> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bclee/fishes/tank040418.html <<<<

holy wow is all i have to say , id hate to see an actual rare coral how much it would go for lol

props to you man for beign able to afford the hobby

Honesty if I were you I would look in to LFS in Corpus Christi prices are going to be cheaper and they could ship ground and get to you in one day. Or maybe south Padre has one I cant remember its been a few years since I was down that way.

Wow the stuff is like crab grass and stinks. When I set up the new tank I traded all the rock with the shrooms on it and got clean live rock. I will never have a mushroom again. Ask the little fish but I think some of that stuff thrives under poor water conditions. I noticed when I increased water changes and such the xenia growth slowed

I flush nepthea and xenia down the crapper all the time. Wish I never started with it. At the above prices, I've got about $250,000 in my septic tank. Now...where is my noseplugs and gloves...:pooh:...lol

Yes, the soft corals thrive in "dirty" water. In my tank, the xenia that i have doesnt grow at all, and its been getting smaller over time. The downside to this is that my zoas and other stuff doesnt grow either.

So you could try and get cleaner water to slow their growth.

Mine stayed at 1 head for about a year or so, then slowly started splitting. As for the mushrooms, I had them on 1 rock. They are all over the tank. It seems to have happened all at once too.

Nitrates have always been at 0. I'm looking at them as a nutrient export right now and I don't mind the growth....yet. I'm sure in time I will regret it. So for now, judging from other peoples experiences I should start cutting some stuff up. Time to get the razorblade out..RAWR.

To frag my xenia i snip it off, put a toothpick through the bottom, and rubber band the toothpick round the rock/plug.

They are spreading to some degree, but my water shouldn't be dirty. I only have 3 fish, I feed once every week or two. I also do 15% water changes once weekly. They seem to be doing pretty well regardless. I dunno, like I said. Right now I'm happy about my current problem.

hey ill take some xenia off someone,i have a 10 gallon qt tank i wouldnt mind seeing something more then rock in it lol,neptha,colt,and mushies i love

Back