New 10 gallon AIO Nano Reef

Yup, that looks like diatoms. Totally normal for a new tank. Once all the silicates get used up it should start disappearing on it's own.

Went to the store(Finally) and got some snails... I asked for nerites and ceriths...got asteas. Anyways I got 3 small ones and they are being acclimated right now.
Pics:
100_4341.jpg

100_4342.jpg

So I am really happy and have made a HUGE step up! I went to my LFS and got 3 Cerith snails, and a Fire Shrimp on sale for $25 instead of the original price of $40!
And while I was there I met up with the_reef_kid and he nicely gave me 3 free corals. Thank you so much! BTW there was alot of GSP :P
100_4388.jpg

100_4390.jpg

100_4386.jpg

100_4391.jpg

Last edited:
More pics!
100_4394.jpg

100_4392.jpg

Finally finished the video too! Not the best quality right now but it is what it is. Enjoy!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDcs2GtYMI]YouTube - New Inhabitants Day 42 10 gallon AIO Nano Reef[/ame]

Quick(sad) Update: Mushrooms melted away, One Zoa melted others showing signs, GSP I can't tell, some of the plyps are showing but not all (Sorry the_reef_kid tried my best to stop it)

Good news: Took out alot of the algae on the sand, might have been cyano. and it made a huge difference.

I only have a red sea alk test kit but I will use it to get a hint to my alk unless it was like the calc test and just gives me the answer I want even if I know it's not.
When I get the chance I will head over to my LFS see if they will test for phosphates and Alk. And pick up a yellow tailed damsel. and yes only fish...

Sorry to hear all the bad news :( And hey, it's probably not your fault, sometimes certain corals just don't do well in certain tanks, for seemingly no reason.

GOOD NEW! MY GSP SURVIVED AND IS COMING OUT AGAIN!

Now that I am done with that. I moved the Chaeto to the front because it was getting white. The water has cleared as well. So I will let the chaeto grow alittle while and do a WC. Then I want to get a peaceful fish that I can later on transfer to my 55 gallon tank when I get it set up.

Any recommendations for a peaceful fish I can make my first fish later on in my 55 gallon?

I'll post pictures when they come out fully.

I'm am currently trying a blackout to deal with the dino I might have, if it is still there I will try red slime remover(can't decide which it is)...then once that is dealth with I'll buy a goby and a new macro algae.

Black out for 4-5 days seems to have worked. turned lights on today and GSP started popping up, and seems there is little to no brown in the water. Tomorrow I will do a WC and see how things progress.

UPDATE AND PICS!!!!!!!!!!(Hold down F11 for the full effect of that)

No cyano, no dino, no more flatworms. My zoas are coming back and my gsp is growing HAPPY DAYS! Alot of change, and as soon as I can I am getting a damsel for the tank so when I get an angler I have a little treat for it and it's new home.

Pics!
033.jpg

022-Copy.jpg

025-Copy.jpg

Can anyone identify this macro algae/plant?
028.jpg

that's all for now thanks for looking ;)

Back