New 30 gallon long Tank!!!

The first pic looks like a branching version of the flower pot coral, which can be extremely difficult to keep. They dont do well if they are damaged in transport or collection, and they also need to be fed. I would do some research on these guys to figure out what its going to need. The scientific name of this species is "Goniopora" which should help with your search. In the mean time i would place them on the sand bed, in a lower flow area.

Frogspawn can go anywhere if adjusted to light, but they like lower flow.

Just pluck off the algae with some tweezers. I cant see it to tell you what it is.

+1 lil, your going to have a hard time keeping goniopora and the sps. make sure to research the coral before you buy or its basically just throwing money down the drain.

kk ty nano and little! that gonipora is actually opening up completely and i think he likes my tank, but ill still research it.

all the photos of the corals he posted are LPS corals, which are normally fine beginner corals, but the flower pot coral is an exception to this. They rarely live longer than 6 months in our tanks. I think it might be because they are a deep water coral and our tanks are too warm, too bright with too little food to sustain them.

kk ill try to my best, for now its actually looking very nice. I went to my lfs and they told me that they sold it to me by mistake, but if i do 10 weekly water changes that the coral will be good.

lol ya i have another lfs thats 30 minutes away ill go there tomorrow and ask about it. Ill try and keep everyone updated on here with the gonipora and other lps( gonna try pic every day). Now that im thinking about it i can also ask my marine science teacher.(She ahs like 9 tanks, 98 in school with clowns and coral and another 90 gallon at home.) She will probably help too.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! BAD NEWS for little lol soz i tried all i could. SO remember the tang i had well i return it with out my mom knowing lol(Its was hers) and she flipped out todaywhen she finally noticed it wasn't there( i had been lieing saying it was in a hole), so she actually made me go to the lfs and buy the tang back and told me that the only way i could have a tank would be if i had one of her fish ( She is a dori fanatic....) So now i have a poor tang again and i even told her all the risks and wen she asked the lfs they told her it was ok as long as when it got bigger i would exchange it........... Sorry little i tried! But failied so now i have a tang again... also, Got a video i will post in 5 minutes.

ya lol she gave me th whole talk on how she is the boss and not me. Even tho i was the one that bought everything, but w.e. The vid is tryign to upload, but it takes for ever.

Back