New 30 gallon long Tank!!!

Well guys i got good news and bad news.....

Good news:
- My corals from boardroom aquatics are doing outstanding!!!!
- green Bubbletip anemone is doing great even though he likes the back of the tank.
- clowns are doing great and swim together.
- Dori(tang) is doing great too even though she is shy of the camera she is always out and swimming and even eating off my hand!!
- Red hawkfish is doing grat too and has a nice attitude.
- Goona sell that anthelia to lfs and buy another coral.(My teacher has a tank full of anthelia and i might think of getting a bucket full of it and selling it to lfs. What u guys think?)
- red mushroom has a hitchhiker(Another mushroom)
- Refugium algae is growing after moving the light closer.
- Got a hammer coral and is doing amazing !!!!!!!
- Have seen about 20 copepods in my refugium and other creatures that are hanging on the glass. anyone know what they are?

Bad news:
- Never gonna buy from Aquarium and reef center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(All there corals are a piece of poop)
- Frogspawn is most likely dead bc of the lfs water quality compared to mine.(Mine is perfect, i guys theres is bad.)
- First frag of zoanthid wont open.
- gonipora isnt doing great and the lfs didnt want to take it back when i first got it. They didnt even want it for free.
- Still combating algea.

100_3682.jpg

100_3683.jpg

100_3685.jpg

100_3686.jpg

100_3690.jpg

100_3692.jpg

100_3693.jpg

100_3694.jpg

100_3695.jpg

100_3696.jpg

100_3699.jpg

100_3701.jpg

100_3702.jpg

100_3703.jpg

dang u put a anemone 4 months into ur tank!!!! i put it in ina 1.5 month tank lol but he is doing well he is bubbling up completely and eating perfectly

ya, i am, but my original 3 corals came from a bad place and arent looking so good. Its funny how the others looked alot better wen we got them then the first ones.

Well, your bubble tip really doesnt look so hot. It might just be the picture but it looks pretty washed out, which isnt a good sign in a nem.

Also having a coral for a few weeks doesnt say much about how its doing in your tank, plus several your corals dont look so hot either. But it sounds like they were on the way out when you got them, so who knows.

But your clowns are pretty darn cute!

ya i guess the pic doesnt do it justice and that day was one of those days the anemone felt like moving and now today it went bc to its original spot. Maybe these pics will be better.ps: also the lfs that i got my fish and first 4 corals are prbably the worst bc there corals look so ugly compared to anohter lfs and i took there water to test it and it was like 0 amm .5 nitrite and 40 nitrate........ I didnt even tell the other lfs that it was from another lfs and they started freaking out saying my nitrates are to high.lol then i told them and they calmed down.
100_3704.jpg

100_3705.jpg

it looks like its bleaching already sorry for the bad new tho,just because its still inflated doesnt mean its healthy or thriving...what lights do u have and your current parameters?

Well.... have had huge changes in my tank. First of all i finally removed the blue tang and told them not to give me another just to give me a yeloow fish(forgot name) and a bicolor blenny. Also my old clownfish got eaten:frustrat: by the emerald crabs and got nipped at by coral banded shrimp( He is now in my fuge.) which are huge and had to buy two bigger ones that are getting along. Flame hawkfish is still doing good and also my cleanershrimp. I have also been given a flowerpot for free again and i finally found the perfect spot to keep it( He is opening up completely). I also bought another mushroom and plan on buying atleast 5 different corals in 2 weeks:bounce::^::D:trampolin:toothy12::whoopee!:
DSC03758.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

DSC03785.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

DSC03763.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03776.jpg.

Hey guys sorry for the long time no see, but i have been having fun with my tank and finally removed the blue and yellow tang from my tank. The only thing that i was left with that you guys said not to keep was the sebae anemone which is doing alot better and is turning darker(Still bleached but gaining its color).Also i got some new corals!!! Tell me what you think.(soz i took the pics right after the hallides turned on.)IMG_0094[1].jpg

IMG_0095[1].jpg

IMG_0096[1].jpg
ITs just one head!!! I bougth it because i have never seen have green and half purple. He gets huge!
IMG_0097[1].jpg
He got huge and now im finding two new ones on the other side of the tank.
IMG_0098[1].jpg
Theres the anemone. He isw alot more darker than before and my clowns host it. I dont know why he likes that spot lol
IMG_0099[1].jpg

IMG_0100[1].jpg

IMG_0101[1].jpg

IMG_0102[1].jpg

IMG_0103[2].jpg
(NANA)
IMG_0104[1].jpg

IMG_0105[1].jpg

IMG_0106[1].jpg
He is looking ugly becaus ehe has two new heads growing.
IMG_0107[1].jpg
My new fish instead of the tangs.(The lfs wanted to give me two new tangs and i said hell no i already got yelled at for having them in my small tank. SSO i got this guy he eats brine shrimp and pods.) I have a very healthy pod population in my refugium)
IMG_0108[1].jpg

IMG_0110[1].jpg
Pair!!!
IMG_0111[1].jpg
New red mushrooms
IMG_0112[1].jpg
Need an id i got it for free from saltwaterfish.com
IMG_0113[1].jpg
cleaner shrimp :)
IMG_0119[1].jpg
This guy is so cool i see him dig under the sand and go to sleep.

IMG_0121[1].jpg
MY pygmy angelfish
IMG_0122[1].jpg

IMG_0124[2].jpg
MY refugium.
IMG_0125[2].jpg
Hitch hiker(feather duster)

My current tank:
fish-Angelfish, wrasse, 2 clowns, and a scooter blenny (NOMORE!!! LOL)
corals- duncan, torch, hammer, forgspawn, star something, zoanthids, mushroom, purple nana, toadstool,feather duster, candy cane, and anthelia.
inverts- serpent starfish, cleaner shrimp, and sebae anemone, some crabs and snails.

Questions:
1) I have 1 (750gph) powerhead and a 550 return pump, should i add another powerhead(I have a 750gph powerhead laying around).
2) MY clowns were hosting my anemone,b ut since it moved back it seems like they dont know where it is. Should i push them towards it or let it be.(IT was up in the front before, but then it moved towards the back. He was eating and opening up completely and with a closed mouth.)
3)Are spaghetti worms bad?
4) I run my lights for 12 hours should i cut back to 10 hours of white lights?
5) DOes everything seem good?

omg lol!!! I was looking on saltwaterfish.com and it said reef safe and minimum 30 gallons. SO i went to my lfs to double check and they had them in there main tank with corals and in a 30 gallon long like mine. They said just watch out becuase some will nip and others wont. So i thought it was ok and called saltwaterfish and they told me a 30 gallon was good for it if you only have 1. Now if you have 2 they said it was better to have 50gallons because they will chase each other. I have had him for 1 month and he hasnt nipped at corals , same with the pgmy angelfish.

Also i got the anemone back beacuse the next day i went to one of the lfs around here that i gave my anemone too and they had him isolated without light so i said here is your $5 dollars back and ill just take him because there is no point giving him no chance of life in there at the lfs and he might have a better chance in my tank and i think im right. He has opened up completely and has been eating and he has been getting alot darker he was bleached bleached white before and now he is a bit more white tanish. SO hopefully he makes its and im 100 percent sure he will make it if i keep getting help from here becuase 3reef forums suck. They basically told me to take it out and stab it with a knife.

Back