New 30 gallon long Tank!!!

green star polyps*nice misbar clown too! i would put the refugium light closer to the fuge its self to grow the algea and pull nutrients out of the water

you should throw some plack posterboard on the back, thats what i do so if you want a different color just put a different color on im not a fan of painting tanks...

Finally my tank has been running for two months and finally was able to add my first bubbletip anemone!!! He is looking really nice and my frogspawn is recovering ad all the zoanthids are finally opening up completely. Still trying to find the perfect spot for the gonipora flower pot..... Any suggestions????

dude, i hate to tell you this, but you shouldnt have added that bubble tip. For starters, i dont know if you have enough light for one, second they need mature, stable tanks to thrive which is not your tank.

You might be able to get away with it, or it might die and nuke your whole tank. They can be some of the most challenging critters to keep in this hobby.

Research before you buy! If you had done any searches on nems here or asked us about this we would have told you to wait.

Also put the flower pot coral on the sand bed.

ohhk thanks for the reply little. I was told by my teacher, whos has 10 years in saltwater tanks and is basically and expert, that my 250 mh was good for it and we have been testing my water every day and she said after two months of having no spikes i was good. So she came over with a anemone she got me for free(hShe has contact at lfs and gets free stuff) and we put it ina nd now the unemone is looking really ncie if you want i can make a video to show you to see if it is looking good and same thing with the gonipora. Ohh and she is also willing to give me some anthelia. She i take them or no?

ya, your light will be fine for it. You might be fine, but just keep an eye on it. I personally wouldnt put a nem in any tank under a year old, just because you havent seen any spikes doesnt mean you are in the free and clear. At the very least, i would have waited 6 months.

Just make sure the nem isnt wandering around and isnt bleaching.

Also you need to slow down, you are heading towards disaster with how fast you are moving. Nothing good happens fast in our tank.

Finally, anthelias are not a good choice for your tank. They require larger tanks, need to kept in schools and they have to be feed a ton. They have a super high metabolism so they can be quite a challenge to feed, so even if they would fit well in your tank, trying to keep them feed would wreck havoc on your water levels.

Something to keep in mind, your fish should be living at least 5 years. There are always random deaths, but most of your fish should be living that long. If you are chronically losing fish, you have an issue.

ohh ty little. I was also thinking i was going kinda fast and will probably stop buy any corals for like a month. I will keep a close eye on the anemone and be sure not to get the anthelia.

You can add corals as much and how often as you like, its fish and the super delicate creatures like nems you to respect and be careful with.

You are responsible for the creatures you put in your tank, you shouldnt forget they are alive and the right to live as best as they possibly can. When you toss in everything you see, you have lots sight of that.

yeah man, i put a nem in my tank thats only 4 months old, but i used cycled water when i set up thats been established foir like 2 years.

Back