new 55 gal. reeftank

If that 60lbs of rock was cured good,it is possible he completely skipped a cycle.Or maybe even had an extremely quick cycle.I've seen it happen both ways at the LFS.
If after a week with no ammonia or nitrites and good live rock,I'd say the cycles done.
However I would still give it at least another week just to make sure.

yes, live rock has been with LFS for a while.....no smell or whatever when i got it..id still give it a couple more weeks.....thanks for all the info!

Tank is nearing 2 weeks, water still looks good, still zero for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, pH is at 8.3.....only think I notice is that some rocks are starting to turn a little green...which is a good sign i guess...my AquaC remora HOB skimmer pulls about 2 gals. of water everyday...i hope this is due to break in period. had the collection cup set to the highest..

2 gallons is insane. I think you need to bring that back a bit. The skimmer really shouldn't be pulling out anything unless you are feeding the tank.

Goose is right.The skimmer pulling that much water is pretty dang extreme,unless your doing wet skimmate water changes.

after 1.5 yrs.

14a743b4.jpg

86fee100.jpg

65f61146.jpg

5822631d.jpg

d6af6309.jpg

I love seeing tank updates; your tank looks really wonderful and it's nice to see what patience and research can yield in a year and a half.

Back