New 75 gallon

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
So I came across an AGA 75 gallon w/ stand for $125. I'm moving this weekend so I'm going to tear down my 24 JBJ cube and my 55 reef and transfer everything into the new 75 gallon. I know its not much of an upgrade but this stand has the ability for a sump/refugium ( my 55 does not have room). I'm painting the tank and having it drilled tomorrow before I set it up.
0024.jpg

I can't afford the cash or space for a nice tank like that right now. I've got tank envy. :bowdown:

Good deal. $125 sounds like a decent price to me.

A 20 long will work just fine. Just make sure the overflow is set up right so as not too much water flows out and fills the 20.

I dont see why a 20L wouldnt work.As long as you leave enough room to take of the extra water if the power goes out.

Great looking tank at a great price.

I found a 20L for 15 bucks at a garage sale. It doesn't leak but the silicone is questionable for the long run, so I'm going to redo it. This is the first sump/ refugium Ive ever done. I'm excited! Now I'm going to have somewhere to throw that bastard coral banded shrimp I have.

I know the second I post this Biff is going to blow my phone and email up. Remember Yotes divorced thread. Well I kinda copied him. I bought a new tank and then broke up with my GF. I figured since I'm moving and have to move the tank I might as well upgrade while I'm at it. Good idea Yote. Wheres your new tank yote?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, you single guys have the life.:bounce:

Why all the hate for the Coral Banded Shrimp? Are they a pain? You think they are ugly? Do they kill stuff? I was thinking about getting one, and would like to know why the rest of you talk of frying them or killing them. :shock:

I know the second I post this Biff is going to blow my phone and email up. Remember Yotes divorced thread. Well I kinda copied him. I bought a new tank and then broke up with my GF. I figured since I'm moving and have to move the tank I might as well upgrade while I'm at it. Good idea Yote. Wheres your new tank yote?

Are you calling me an upgrade??? ;) Besides, I think I just left you like 18 voicemails. Do I really have a shot with you now?!?! JUST KIDDING.

As for the sump, I have a 20 gallon high because I found that my skimmer didn't fit in the 20 gallon long. Make sure your equipment will fit in it before you put work into it.

Great price for the tank and stand Hawk.I would put the biggest sump you can fit inside.Personally.I would go with a 29-30gal. and like Biffy said make sure all your equipment will fit.I also like to be able to get the skimmer in/out without having to drain the sump.Not just be able to remove the skimmer cup but the whole body.To tall of a tank makes it hard to work on.

Rc,Banded Coral Shrimps are opportunist,they are scavengers but sometimes go after small fish.I never had that problem with mine,but it was well fed.

Its sitting in the bedroom with fish and corals in it.:bounce:

Back