New 75 gallon

Wow man !
congrats on the upgrade"s"
What are you gonna do with that 55? if you arent gonna use it as a display . Toss it in the stand and use that for the sump!!! MONDO SUMP heheheh

Ya thats the first thing I tryed.... Not going to happen. The tank came with a 48" dual strip light I was going to use for a fuge light, that didnt fit either

BTW I droped my tank off to get drilled today..... Kinda nervous.... NO GAURANTEES! Does anyone here run plentums? (The grates under your sand) If so, why?

im curious about plentums is there more info??..by the way..i hope that drilling comes along good...is the glass templated?

nice find on the tank. you will like the depth of the 75, much more aquascaping capability. that's what i was wanting to upgrade to. but i couldn't find a good deal on one. so i started building a stand big enough to put a sump in for my 55

BTW I droped my tank off to get drilled today..... Kinda nervous.... NO GAURANTEES! Does anyone here run plentums? (The grates under your sand) If so, why?

I ran a plenum many years ago.The eggcrate,mesh,and different size sand grade.The idea behind it was a NNR where the anerobic bacteria isn't disturb by the fauna/snails in the sand bed.Its not really any better than a regular DSB or a regular 2-3'' bed..It sure was ugly though,6-7'' of sand just does not look good to me.

Back