New Bulbs!!! - and pics are finally here

Doc

I don't work for anybody
OK,

I forgot how amazing the tank looks with new blue bulbs. It sheds an unearthly glow on the corals. I wish I could take better pics to show how cool they look. I will post several pics: 1st will be with just the blue lights. 2nd will be full lights and no camera flash. 3rd will be full light with camera flash. I am not sure what will be more appealing to everyone, but they look OK to me. Rigo, I got a few pics of the emperor. Let me know what y'all think.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

This is the ricordia with blue light only - glows better in person
P8160001-1.jpg

Frogspawn and hammer in blue light
P8160003.jpg

Next set are a few choice pics with all the lights on

full tank shot
P8160006.jpg

same frogspawn and hammer
P8160009.jpg

a community gathering
P8160010.jpg

a side view
P8160011.jpg

feeding time
P8160016.jpg

...and finally, shots with a flash. Let me know what you guys think looks better. I am torn.

Powder blue and Emperor
P8170045.jpg

Koran and Regal Tang
P8170047.jpg

Emperor getting cleaned (sorry it is blurry, it was a tough angle)
P8160044.jpg

My vermiculated angel (singapore angelfish)
P8160037.jpg

My lone yellow bellied damsel
P8160038.jpg

Blue, Koran and Emperor angel
P8160031.jpg

Emperor (he moved at the last minute)
P8160040.jpg

Those new bulbs really set it off Doc.
The flash looks good when your trying to a shot of particular fish.The coral and tank shots looks better with out the flash.To me any way.

They all look awesome.

beautiful tank, I vote flash...

I love the ricordia, I have a weekness for shrooms. Take a pic of your ricordia with the lights on.

Here you go Winy. He is just a little guy.

P8160005.jpg

of course, now that I look at it, I need to upgrade my 10k as well. That will have 2 wait another 2 weeks

the two green hammers are branch hammers. The large pink one in the middle of the tank is a wall hammer

I get them from my lfs. $30 a pop. I change them every 6 months. Now that I changed the blues, I need to get on the 10k white. I will like it even better with those. Pics will look good with those new white lights in.

thanks for the pics!!..the emperor..wow..i know now why they call it emperor..never is enough pics of your tank dr marco..i enjoyed them a lot!!

Awesome pics Doc.
I like without flash better.Actually there was one without flash that I would vote as pic of the the month.The right side view of the tank with the big fishes.

I think my bulb are like 9 months old.... After seeing you tank im reliezing how yellow mine is becoming. My 10k seem to be putting out a nice spectrium still but I run them 3 hours a day less less than my actinic. Guess its time to fork over $60 and replace my actinic..... nickle and diming my poor college ass to death!

When I was at my LFS yesterday, they had a nice rock with four of your same ricordias on it. I was sooo tempted but I think I have enough on my hands tank-wise for now!

Back