New bulbs w/pics

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I finally got some new bulbs for my T5 fixture. I went with (3) ATI Blue Plus's (1) UVL 75/25 (1) ATI Aquablue special. Overall I am happy with this combo but it is going to take some time to get use to compared to my old bulbs. It's got an extreme 20,000k look. I may make some changes. We'll see.
P1010177.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010180.jpg

P1010184.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010182.jpg

P1010181.jpg

P1010187.jpg

P1010186.jpg

P1010191.jpg

P1010190.jpg

i changed mine also cause shrooms and rics didn' like all the bright light
i had
3 ati bluespecial 12k's
2 blue plus

now i have
2 blue plus
1 pure actinic
1 blue special 12k
1 kz fiji purple

salty i know the feeling i tried 3 blue plus also and was to much for me but had to cut down some cause i love ricordea and all shrooms and they don't like bright light and tx5 is a bright fixture thats i went with 2 blue plus, pure actinic, fiji purple, aquablue gave tank a 15k color.

Looks nice Ssalty, a lot too blue for my liking but its nice if that is the look you are after. Thats what mine looks like after the halides go out, lol. But it does look good. Your Hydnophora is getting big!

salty i know the feeling i tried 3 blue plus also and was to much for me but had to cut down some cause i love ricordea and all shrooms and they don't like bright light and tx5 is a bright fixture thats i went with 2 blue plus, pure actinic, fiji purple, aquablue gave tank a 15k color.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

d.french: I hear ya, I am thinking that 3 blue plus' are a bit much, but I love the pure blue color that they emit. I am going to keep the (3) blue plus' and swap the 75/25 with a 6500k, this should cut the extreme blue. My current combo is bright as heck, but I think it looks un-natural (to much blue). But this is perks of having T5's, you can custimize the color that you desire.

Dustin: The second to the last pic is a small brain (about an inch in diameter)

Thanks again for everyones opinion(s)

Last edited:
I think the 6500k is a good choice.It will sure help balance the color a little more.Still,the corals look terrific and it is so clean.I know cameras tend to make pictures of tanks look too blue sometimes.

Salty, looks nice.
I'm still changing bulbs myself.
Here's what I have as of this weekend...

FRONT
ATI Blue+
ATI Pro Color
ATI Blue+
ATI Aquasun
Geismann AquaBlue+
ATI Blue+

I'm thinking of changing one ATI Blue+ to an ATI True Actinic to see if I can get more fluorescent pop without going too blue.

This is a pretty good representation of my tank color right now...

452542847_2u4YV-L.jpg

Back