New Logo?

Yeah I responded to that in the t-shirt thread. I think it'd be a good idea, and we could get that printed online. Right now, the problem with the winning design (and not 'problem' in a bad way, it would have been a problem with all the t-shirt submissions) is that none of the places online will print the full front of the shirt -- we seem to be limited to the top half. Just having the logo would take care of that.

Here's another version.

LivingReefsLogo-3.jpg

What? Where's the beef? What are you talking about? :lol: ;)

Well, one idea, just in trying to keep the logo simple, is we could have some generic reef pic on the right side of the website header, that just fades to white on the left with the logo. Imagine the reef central logo where it is but flipping the background image. Or something like that. Rather than trying to "spell" it all out within the logo itself. But if I can figure out a way to incorporate some simple element into the typography that readily reads as a reef, I will.

Looking good Dennis! I like how it's kept simple so that it's all vectors, as it makes it easy to use for anything else like the t-shirts. :D

Is it possible to try that last logo with the fish to the side of the text, just to make it easier to fit in to the header space (as it's only about 100px tall, but has plenty of width available).

Ok, fiiiiinnnne.
I had a little time today between other projects to come up with a couple ideas.

Without straying too far from where we are now, same color scheme and I tried to stay with the idea of incorporating an actual "mark" that could be pulled away from the type and used separately.
I stuck with vector artwork so it's infinitely scaleable.
And I also showed them at 50% and in b/w to show they work at smaller sizes and in one color applications.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing Ian would be interested in, but if anything maybe it will help spark a few other ideas from other people.

LivingReefsLogo.jpg

and a really quick conversion to show how it can work on the original blue background if it has to.

LivingReefsLogo-b.jpg
That first one is awesome! I like the suggestion to put the fish graphic on the end, with the bubbles above the "i"s and the ".com" up the side of the "s" - DONE! Good job!

Is it possible to try that last logo with the fish to the side of the text, just to make it easier to fit in to the header space (as it's only about 100px tall, but has plenty of width available).

Yup! The beauty of having a mark that's separate from the name is being able to separate them or move them around for different applications.

LivingReefsLogo-4.jpg

Wow - amazing work Dennis! Would it be possible to send over the last designs you attached and I'll work on adding it to the site? :)

I'll make a post on the main page when the new logo is live and of course make sure that everyone knows who made the new logo :D

Back