New Logo?

I like the # 2 one. but is there any way you could incorporate the saltwater aquarium information and forums saying into it somewhere?

I like the # 2 one. but is there any way you could incorporate the saltwater aquarium information and forums saying into it somewhere?

Sure, we could fit it in there. I wanted to show one without just to show the difference.

What i'd probably suggest though, is you see where the LR logo is now at the top of the page? I'd probably make the new logo as big as it can be in that space, and then move that other line of type to the right hand side and make it a little bigger. That's just my :twocents:

d2mini those are definitely some great ideas I like them all...and you were right on about everything you said...I took a lot of graphic design/web design classes in college and papyrus is a bad idea and like I mentioned on another post the image in the background of cory's logo is an apple background image....I like all of dennis's designs and my vote would be for the first one or the starfish one. Those are clean, professional and fun, and could easily be used for any application. (shirts, site, cards, etc.)

Great work!

Those are awesome Dennis :D

even if we don't end up using anything as a new logo we should def make stickers or shirts or something, I would totally put one on my bug!

here is a crappy attempt

Attachments

• LIVINGreefslogo1.jpg
    LIVINGreefslogo1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 383
d2mini, is there any chance you could try a few varieties of fonts for #2? I really, really like that logo :). Amazing work there!

As well as changing the logo, I'm up for changing the tagline to something better.

Cory -- nice job, but it looks like something I used to play around with years ago at this site called cooltext.com back when I didn't have photoshop at work and needed a quick text-graphic. Plus the picture cropped within the font was distracting away from the site's name. You should learn to take criticism. I don't see a personal attack in d2's criticism. He was just stating his professional observation.

Good Job, Dennis..I liked 2 & 3 (#1 looks nice, too, but there's something girlie about it :shock: ).

Do you know how many times I've written stuff down for clients on the back of my card?! And now I can't, because A) the back is black, and B) it's a glossy stock that pens don't work on.

I think they make like felt-tip pens that write in lighter colors. You should try one of those if you havent already.

Why criticize anyones work on here? just throw your own idea in the mix. thats what this forums here for right?

I believe he was just trying to help you out. Maybe give you some pointers or something. This is a very helpful community we have here. For many things not just aquariums.

Biff, try silver sharpies. But if the card is glossy, it might smear too bad.

If anyone else wants to make an entry sometime soon, just let me know and I'll keep this thread open longer :). There are some fantastic designs in here already, so I'm sure that we'll be changing the logo in the coming weeks.

Just throwing it out there...why don't we do the t shirts with whatever the new logo ends up being? Its obviously going to be a more simplistic and realistic design to get to print and we kill two birds with one stone...

Just throwing it out there...why don't we do the t shirts with whatever the new logo ends up being? Its obviously going to be a more simplistic and realistic design to get to print and we kill two birds with one stone...

I'd buy one.

Back