New Octopus BH300f

Blindloser1080

Reefing newb
Hi! I ended up getting an Octopus BH300f to replace my Prizm skimmer.....was going to get the 800-s a few months ago, but it's been on backorder for ever!

Just got the skimmer, and I'm missing a tube that helps start the siphon, how do I get it to start without the tube to go to the valve?

Also, I read it's good to remove the sponge from the 3rd chamber due to backup and possible clogging. Is this true? What else can be stuck in this area? I have 2 carbon bags, and a bag of ceramic rings. Would any of these work?

Any help would greatly be appreciated! I'm finally setting up my tank on these next two days off and am really excited!!!

Thanks!

Josh

P.S. Aquacave.com is a great site, i got the skimmer for $165 shipped! fast shipping, great customer service!

Just got my 45G setup, installed the skimmer, sump, overflow and such, everything is working great! One thing though!

The skimmer is making a loud BUZZING sound from the pumps! The pumps are completely submerged in water....what can this sound possibly be, and how can i fix it?! It's quite loud! Or after 2 weeks will it quiet down? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Josh

Update: After about 30 minutes, the pump has started to get quieter. I still think my prizm was quieter, but that was also 3 years old and had plenty of break-in time.

Last edited:
i have the 800s so not sure about your model but do you have the silencer on it?

Sometime mine will make a weird noise so I just unplug it for awhile and then try again. Mostly on startup after cleaning.

Back