New stocking list

jschne06

Reefing newb
Okay, so I have pretty much completely changed my stocking list for my 180 gallon, 6 foot tank. It will be a fowlr with about 150-180 pounds of live rock. According to the Drs. Foster and Smith website I should not exceed 59 total of inches of fish for this size tank. My current plan for stocking is:

1 Blonde Naso Tang- 18”
1 Bicolor Angelfish- 6”
2 Clownfish - 7”
1 Pinkface wrasse-7”
1 Saddleback butterflyfish (semi-aggressive) -9”
1 Blue tang: 12”
Total inches = 59
Do you think that the other fish will pick on the clownfish? Also, do you think that the naso and blue tang will have issues getting along? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

I think this should be fine. But you should put the clownfish in first so that they can stake out their territory. Leave them in there for maybe a month, and you can start adding fish in . But make sure you don't add more than 2 or 3 fish per month. And make sure you add the fish in order from smallest to biggest and peaceful to aggressive.

Obviously I should introduce the naso and blue tang last, but can I introduce them at the same time or should I introduce them a month apart?

I had a Naso in my 150g years ago and I would have to say it was the least aggressive tang I ever owned. It got along fine with the Hippo I had as well. If you save the two tangs for last I would put them in at the same time.

I think those tangs will be fine together. I've had a Naso for quite some time (sadly, I lost it last night). It was the most laid back fish in the tank. I would definitely add it before the Hippo. Two large fish at once may cause water quality issues, so I personally would not add them at the same time

Back