New tank inhabitants with pictures!

Okay so I made a new sump for my 29g reef. I tried something I haven't seen before, I isolated the return pump and used the rest of the tank as my fuge. It's neat and I haven't had any problems. I put in a 2 inch sandbed and some egg crate, and made an egg crate lid. Using a 10,000K standard bulb that should do fine for algae and maybe some crabs or something. Threw in a piece of base rock with a little live rock rubble behind it to seed. There is another FTS also with my new additions.

Attachments

• newsump.jpg
    newsump.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 198
  • newfts.jpg
    newfts.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 204
is that foam for filter media? If it is, I would remove it in the near future. It will house extra unwanted debri and could cause a raise in nitrates. Just like a filter sock, it would need to be changed regularly to be beneficial.

You may want to mark your sump with max water levels to ensure you never add to much water. That way, you dont have to worry about your tank flooding. Someone posted this video for me when I first started my tank and it helped me out alot; skip to 3:10 to see. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYDU2B6sPfo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]Episode 51 , pt3, How To Set Up A Reef Tank, LA Fishguys - YouTube[/ame]

Well it's been two months now so I thought I would share some new pics of my main tank. Sorry about the fail photography, Dennis hasn't sent over all his camera gear yet. :mrgreen:

SAM_0586.jpg

SAM_0582.jpg

GALAXY.jpg

Back