New to forum help

Vicki77

Reefing newb
Hi everyone just joined and wanted to say hello. Got a bit of a dilema! I have a 65 litre tank it has been running 7 weeks. My filter has decided to pack in working! I have cleaned it, changed the fuse in the plug but it's just given up! I have 2 common clowns, 1 Pygmy wrasse, 1 scooter dragonet, 1 cleaner shrimp and 4 small hermit crabs, about 5 kilos of living rock. The power head is on. Shop doesn't open till ten in the morning! Will it survive the night? Please help

Oh yeah, as long as there's water movement, your tank will be fine. Many here have had power outages for hours....and as long as they move the water (by stirring or taking a cup and pouring the water in and out), their livestock survive.

What kind of filter? Is the heater working?

Hi thank you for replying. I have a Atman AT-881 inner filter. It has matrix, phosphate remover and puregen in it, they are all in mesh nets. The heater is working fine. I have a spare just in case though. Really annoying the filter was brand new 7 weeks ago!

Warranty! :D

Yeah, you'll be fine....water movement is the most important because it will keep the tank oxygenated.

Thank you, you have put my mind at ease. Thank god for power heads! Just got my warranty out and hopefully they will be open tomorrow even though it's good Friday!

Starts on a bad note, but nothing serious they will be fine. Thanks for stopping by glad to have you at LR.

Hi Cathic
just remembered that I can turn my power head up so it's creating a stronger water movement. It's also creating bubbles against the rock. Thank you for the welcome

Hi VAreef, BL1 and Reeffreak

Thank you for the welcome and the weather is pretty bad at the moment! Rain, rain and more rain!

Back