New to site

Phroger

Reefing newb
So, I've been looking at different forums and found this one. When reading the post by other users, I was impressed on how helpful everybody is so, I figured I would join and see if I could get the same help and advice. My setup: 72gal bowfront with 25 gal sump with Eheim pump push aprrox 950gph, 110 lbs of LR, 100lbs of live sand, Vertex Gen II skimmer, Marineland canister filter with activated carbon, 2 medium powerheads. Fish: 1 bubble-tip anemone, 1 tomato clown, 1 scooter dragonet, 1 diamond sleeper gobie, 1 flame dwarf angel, 1 coral beauty, 1 chromis, 2 fire shrimp, a decent sized CUC, and one unidentified anemone (hitchhiker). I don't plan on adding any more fish without removing one first.

I haven't figured out how to add pictures to the thread but here is a link to my photobucket with a few pics: Aquarium pictures by Phroger - Photobucket

on the pics just copie the img code and than paste it to the thread and the pic will show up it will be some thing like imgcode at the bottom of the links in photo bucket

Thank you for explaining the photo posting :) If you think I should resize next time please let me know.

DSC00270.jpg

I did lose some chromis at the beginning but nothing recently (except another chromis venturing to close to the anemone). Apparently though, talking with the LFS, the chromis they had been getting from their distributor had a very low survival rate recently. Out of a shipment of 40, only 3 would survive the acclimization period for the store.

Wow! That's a pretty low survival rate. As for your tank...
it sounds like you're doing fine. Do be cautious of the nem. Could cause trouble down the road. :protest:

Wow! That's a pretty low survival rate. As for your tank...
it sounds like you're doing fine. Do be cautious of the nem. Could cause trouble down the road. :protest:

When you talk about the anemone, are you talking about the bubble-tip or the unidentified one? I did post a pic in the "identification" forum to see about getting a little help.

the bubbletip nem most nems do not do very well in young tanks because the water is changing alot as the tank matures. and nems are very sensitive to these changes.

Welcome to the site.
Like stated above,keep a watchful eye on that bubble tip.
The LFS I help at has stopped carrying chromis for that very reason.They may be cheap fish,but when a bunch of cheap fish dies over night,it adds up to a big loss.

Back