New to the site-- small problem (I hope!)

shorteeguy21

Reefing newb
So I am in love with this new hobby. I have a 38G tank, 2 clownfish, 25 lbs of live rock and slowly growing.

I have this tank in my office (FYI)

I come in this morning and notice one of my corals on the floor-- and it just looked like it was rotting away. The water smelled a bit funky, so I decided to just take it out and throw it away. When I picked it up, a bunch of debris started falling out. I preferred to not risk it.

However, the water seems a bit hazy, so I topped off the tank with some fresh water (not alot- maybe half a gallon). The water still doesn't seem as clear. Any cause for concern?

I've attached some pictures-- let me know what you think.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 324
  • pho1to.jpg
    pho1to.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 483
I wouldnt be too worried. Make sure to keep your protien skimmer running and if you can get some carbon to help the filtration. Keep an eye on your other corals and fish to make they're not acting odd at all.

Hello and welcome to the site fellow Chicagoan... if you haven't done so, I'd probably do a small water change and run some carbon. It shouldn't be a problem. Just keep an eye on everything else and let us know if something else changes.

Back