Newbie 120G Build.. Up and running!

Ya, if you started your tank with tap water you can expect to see high nitrates. I would just start doing water changes with RO/DI water as soon as you get your unit installed. After that, make sure you go really slow on stocking your tank and be sure not to overfeed until you get the nitrates under control.

For a tank with only fish, having nitrates in the 100's is ok. It doesn't effect fish the same way they would inverts or corals. With that being said, if you do have any inverts or corals they won't last long with nitrates that high.

thats what im talking about, prefect height! those lights look intense, you should have no troubles with sps's, nems, and clams... good job!

Loll your funny ;) anything else i should get while im at it lol?

On a side note i can have all the budget in the world but i am nervous i wanna keel everything in the tank happy healthy and alive! Im still a rookie!

ummmm, a biopellet reactor will help with phosphates, a carbon reactor will help with odor and keep your water crystal clear, a calcium reactor will supply your corals with calcium and maintain a healthy level once you have it setup.... thats about all i can think of, you pretty much have everything covered.

oh and as for the car, i would like a new m3 bmw please, k thx.

[URL=http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=file12346.mp4]
file12346.mp4.th.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Back